DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A cover Album

Go down 
+7
steph
thecosmickid
benbenben
simo
steady now steady now
JoshRaymond
jward326
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jward326
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jward326

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 am

I think it would be bad ass if the guys would go in and record an album of all the covers they play live pretty much because they kill every song they cover. and i seem to enjoy them all.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:35 pm

That is a good idea
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 pm

jward326 wrote:
I think it would be bad ass if the guys would go in and record an album of all the covers they play live pretty much because they kill every song they cover. and i seem to enjoy them all.

Might as well make it a live cover album then. For that matter, does anyone want to put one together from boots?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:02 pm

i can only thing of two songs covered by Gaslight Anthem Live
Trusty Chords by Hot Water Music
American Girl by Tom Petty

All the others I have are covered by Brian, not by the entire band
Back to top Go down

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:07 pm

and state of love and trust by Pearl Jam
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:23 am

I've never really liked the idea of a cover album. I kinda like the old school approach of just throwing one or two covers on each studio release.
Back to top Go down
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:55 am

simo wrote:
I kinda like the old school approach of just throwing one or two covers on each studio release.

Example: The Bouncing Souls - The Gold Record

Some awesome covers on there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 pm

simo wrote:
I've never really liked the idea of a cover album. I kinda like the old school approach of just throwing one or two covers on each studio release.

But what about a cover bootleg?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Oh sure, I have no problems with bootlegs. That's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
i can only thing of two songs covered by Gaslight Anthem Live
Trusty Chords by Hot Water Music
American Girl by Tom Petty

All the others I have are covered by Brian, not by the entire band

Really? Surely we have a list somewhere.
What about
Left of the Dial- The Replacements
Atlantic City- Springsteen (and all the other Springsteen covers)
A Letter to Elise- The Cure
Angel's Wings- Social Distortion

Not to mention the little bits of Stand By Me and the Clash tunes they throw into some songs live? Or the song from Park Ave., the title of which is escaping my brain at this time...
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 pm

steph wrote:
Not to mention the little bits of Stand By Me and the Clash tunes they throw into some songs live? Or the song from Park Ave., the title of which is escaping my brain at this time...

Once Upon a Time? I dunno if I would include that since it's techincally on The '59 Sound. Also, I totally wish the band would do a full cover of Stand By Me. I was just thinkin' about that last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 pm

All the songs that steph mentioned are covered by Brian.

I was thinking more in sense of songs covered by the entire band.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 am

Left of the Dial was covered by the entire band; I saw and heard it myself at their show in Albuquerque last April. Here's a video of them playing the song at another show: http://thephoenix.com/BLOGS/onthedownload/archive/2009/03/19/video-gaslight-anthem-does-quot-left-of-the-dial-quot-and-their-big-hit.aspx

I was under the impression the band had played the Social D tribute, rather than solely Brian, but maybe I was mistaken. I was also under the impression that I heard the Springsteen cover @ one of the shows I've been to. Maybe it was another Springsteen cover?

And the Cure song I have from something I downloaded from the audio rips section here...I was thinking it was from a show where it was just Brian and one of the other guys, can't remember which one, but I believe two of the other guys weren't with them that night? Some emergency? So I guess that's not a whole band cover, technically, but was it only Brian, or him and one of the other guys?

I could swear I've heard 'em do one or two other covers @ shows I've been to, but can't remember off the top of my head right now...

And ditto to that, DaveSavedTheDay- I want a cover of the whole "Stand By Me"
Back to top Go down

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:36 am

haha thanks steph.
wasn't trying to attack you or anything like that
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:54 am

So should we make a list of all covers (full band) and when we got enough we make a boot?

American Girl
Refugee
Trusty Chords
State of love and trust
Once upon a time
Left of the dial

Can we think of more?

Oh and after that Who tribute there should be a Who song right?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
haha thanks steph.
wasn't trying to attack you or anything like that

its cool!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 pm

kick his ass Steph!

actually, I think this is a really cool idea... what about using songs where the do parts of a cover? Straight To Hell and Stand By Me?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 am

It's those brief covers inserted into TGA songs which give the false impression of many more covers having been played in full.

Particular favourites of mine, aside from 'Stand By Me', are the bits they played from 'Lost in the Supermarket' and from 'House of the Rising Sun'.
Back to top Go down
jward326
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jward326

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:22 am

even if they were live captured songs through a sound board and mixed that would do for me.. I really like their versions of Trusty Chords, State of love and trust, and american girl.... even a 7 in with like 3 or 4 of these covers they play would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:20 am

steady now steady now wrote:
It's those brief covers inserted into TGA songs which give the false impression of many more covers having been played in full.

Particular favourites of mine, aside from 'Stand By Me', are the bits they played from 'Lost in the Supermarket' and from 'House of the Rising Sun'.
Do you have a link to when they play lost in the supermarket?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:16 pm

Prisoner wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:

Do you have a link to when they play lost in the supermarket?

they inserted it into The Backseat at Lollapalooza

on the video at 3:00

Back to top Go down
WoodyJoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WoodyJoe

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:08 pm

simo wrote:

I agree on this front.
However I dig covers and love the different ways different people play the same song strcuture.
So cover albums rock.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:01 am

Hadn't seen that "Lost in the Supermarket" clip. Awesome.
Back to top Go down

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD6Ojr_Rhlc&feature=player_embedded

Baba O'Riley Cover

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A cover Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cover Album   A cover Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A cover Album
Page 1 of 1