DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Guys

Go down 
+3
Daire
Ryan
Holland
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan.

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Been a fan of these guys for quite a while now so though I'd have a look for a forum. I'm 15 and from Northern Ireland. I only first heard the band at Glastonbury last year (2009) and have loved them since. I bought the '59 Sound shortly after Glastonbury and soon after bought both other albums (Sink or Swim and Senor and the Queen) and I've also downloaded loads of live videos of Youtube.

For a lot of people I suppose you got into The Gaslight Anthem because you liked Bruce Springsteen. It was the other way round for me though, hearing of their inspiration Springsteen I quickly got into him and now own a few of The Boss' albums too! I just wish TGA would come over to Belfast, would be brilliant to see them live.

Thanks,
Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Hello, Gaslight got me into Bruce too. This forum has brought to my attention loads of good stuff like Chuck Ragan, Social Distortion and Lucero to name a few. Ive seen them live once at Leeds fest but it was before i really got into them so i kind of feel as though i havent seem them. Cant wait until they tour again.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Holland wrote:
Hello, Gaslight got me into Bruce too. This forum has brought to my attention loads of good stuff like Chuck Ragan, Social Distortion and Lucero to name a few. Ive seen them live once at Leeds fest but it was before i really got into them so i kind of feel as though i havent seem them. Cant wait until they tour again.

I've done that a few times. Go to a concert just cause mates are going and not really know much about the band. Then when I get into them a while later it feels like you haven't seen them like you say!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Welcome to the site.

I can't remember back at the time, but on their last Euro tour they played Dublin, so I reckon they probably played Belfast as well.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:54 pm

TGA has got me into a lot of new bands too, on the last tour I had no idea who Murder By Death were and now I am a big fan of their album "Red of Tooth and Claw"
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm sure there are people who get into Gaslight because of Springsteen (including the boss himself =P) but I figure there are a lot that go the other way as well. I know I discovered Gaslight first and then because of them got into Springsteen, The Clash and Social D as well as more modern stuff like The Loved Ones and Lucero. I like to imagine one day young kids will discover a band inspired by Gaslight and from there discover stuff like Springsteen.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:00 pm

I kinda got into Gaslight through The Clash. Somebody had recommended TGA to me and I watched a few vids on Youtube but wasn't sold until I heard "I'da Called You Woody, Joe". And from there...I've practically become obsessed.
Back to top Go down
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:48 am

Hey Ryan!

How's it going man, I'm from Norn Iron too!!

I just signed up so might have to introduce myself also!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

Hey Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys   Hey Guys Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:50 am

whoops huge avatar!

Have to get that sorted
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com