DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manic Street Preachers

Go down 
+4
fullcollapse
enola
kieran
Scarlett
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

Manic Street Preachers Empty
PostSubject: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Any fans of MSP here?

I loooove this band. And their new album is amazing, up there with their early stuff ^____^
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Im still to hear the new album. I am a definite fan. The Holy Bible is one of the darkest albums I have ever heard shame they didnt play more of it live when I saw them.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Well there are a few here ;o) And I am one of them!
And to entertain you all, here's one of the videos I took last weekend at their London Brixton Academy show (more are online on my youtube channel): Motown Junk with Happy Birthday, Wire Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HzMfzL8Py4

Last edited by enola on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Absolutely in love with them. My husband and I got into them a couple weeks into our relationship, and we've spent going on 9 years "with" the band, basically. Several thousand dollars (more than I'm comfortable admitting) has gone into compiling one of the most extensive Manics collections I've ever seen--that's the ONE thing I'll ever brag about! ha. That, and our black vinyl Sink or Swim.

If anyone wants to talk Manics collections, let me know.

When I first joined here I saw Manuela's username and I about had a heart attack. She's lovely <3

Manics came to the US in 2009. I cried. Hard. Lots. It was amazing.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 am

fullcollapse wrote:
When I first joined here I saw Manuela's username and I about had a heart attack.
Oh - I didn't mean to ... are you alright again ? tongue
Normally nobody ever recognises the meaning of my username outside of fd!

fullcollapse wrote:
She's lovely <3
You are sooooo sweet! It's totally awesome that we met here - you're such a lovely person and I enjoy talking to you so very much! <3

fullcollapse wrote:
Manics came to the US in 2009. I cried. Hard. Lots. It was amazing
I'm still in shock after the 2 gigs last weekend. The Saturday gig must have been the best Manics gig I've ever been to. When James announced Enola/Alone I was very, very, very close to freaking out ;o) And then seeing James' face during YSTSFMH when the croud took over lead vocals - absolutely priceless. I just wish it would have never stopped - I have really a hard time facing everday life now.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:10 am

enola wrote:
I just wish it would have never stopped - I have really a hard time facing everday life now.

Ah, the post concert crash. After a particularly life changing time, I've been known to enter a pretty legitimate depression for a while.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 am

fullcollapse wrote:
Ah, the post concert crash. After a particularly life changing time, I've been known to enter a pretty legitimate depression for a while.
Too bad non of the members of TGA or MSP ever studied pyschology. I could need some serious counseling ;o)
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 am

enola wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
Too bad non of the members of TGA or MSP ever studied pyschology. I could need some serious counseling ;o)

Even so, TGA got me through the worst 6 months of my life, and continue to pull me through "now," which has been okay off and on at best. Songs are the best medicine.

Richey could have studied psychology... he'd probably have redefined everything about it! ha. I know he was the mess but I think Nicky is quite the interesting gentleman.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 pm

love the manics,they supported sir paul mccartney at the millenuim stadium in cardiff last year and were brilliant,some say even better than sir paul himself
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Just recently got The Holy Bible. I love it!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:38 am

PPQ wrote:
Me too. But it reminded me on "Enola alone".

My username comes from that song Smile
I have a fair bit of Manics videos on my youtube channel if you wanna check them out Smile
Have you ever seen them live?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Awesome to see this thread!!! I LOVE the Manics! boys from up the road from me Very Happy Nicky walks the promenade of my home town at summer though ive yet to see him Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

That's cool! I didn't know that are more people liking them on here Smile

Did you see that they said they will write the song to walk in the ring to for Wade Barret? Here's the link to TGA then Smile
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

no i didnt know that!!! awesome Very Happy yeah i was very suprised to see this thread, been a member on here for a while and did not expect to see a MSP section. What excellent taste people on this forum have haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 pm

With you being from Wales I suppose you saw them a few times live already, right? Unfortunately I've only seen them once in Cardiff so far. Most of the other times in the UK though ...
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:12 pm

I love the Manics! I was just tweeting with Manuela and fullcollapse about seeing the Wade Barrett mention yesterday. I just don't get wrestling and have no interest in it. But, I was so excited to find that TGA/Manics connection! I know Alex L loves wrestling, too.

They've only toured the US once since I've been listening to them. I first heard Everything Must Go while in London and have been a fan ever since. When they came to the US, it was right around my wedding and if I would have left town while finishing the details, I think my husband and family would have killed me Smile They don't get the Manics at all.
Back to top Go down
03aarm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
03aarm

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 pm

One of my favourite bands, my dad got me into them when I was very young. They were the first band I ever saw live back in 1998 when I was about 7 so that's another reason why they are so special for me. Love playing along to Motorcylcle Emptiness on my guitar so thats probably my favourite song. Just touching on the Wade Barrett subject too, the Manics are his favourite band, he has a tattoo on his arm with the lyrics from 'little baby nothing' on. Love the fact he also likes TGA, not only that though, he is from the same place in England as me (Preston) !! Seriously what a guy !!!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 am

And did you guys hear that they are working on a new album? Makes me happy Smile

Wade Barret seems like a cool guy. His bio on twitter is a quote from Faster btw! Also he once tweeted me that mine is cool. Even though I have no idea about wrestling but I thought that was very cool of him ...

Oh and even though I've seen TGA more often than the Manics now already, they will always be my favourite band ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manic Street Preachers
Page 1 of 1