DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harry Lime, here.

Go down 
+2
Deeper Shade of Blue
RobertODonnell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 am

The first one to recognize where my screenname comes from gets a prize. Hint: it's old (and awesome) enough to possibly merit a reference in a TGA song.
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:38 pm

Hiya - Orson Welles character in the Third Man - based on book by Graham Greene - which is definitely a Film Noir........?
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Hey, you're exactly right! Your prize is the undeniable satisfaction of knowing you're right, and whatever this is: Harry Lime, here. Icon_elephant

It has a slightly strange look about it, but I'm not going to go there.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 pm

hey dude, welcome. tell us a bit about yourself. how'd you get into the band? you a '59 guy or an SoS guy?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

man I wanted to get the elephant!

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
hey dude, welcome. tell us a bit about yourself. how'd you get into the band? you a '59 guy or an SoS guy?
Well, let's see. I'm a student at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia. I'm trying to become a film director.

And, in answer to your question, I've grown to like '59 better, but SoS is great too ... in a different way.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Wow that is really cool... I actually have begun working on a screenplay (by begun, I mean have the idea but haven't put anything on paper yet)
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:59 pm

I have never seen The 3rd Man, but netflix will let me stream it, so I will try and watch it sometime
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:29 pm

e7c wrote:
I have never seen The 3rd Man, but netflix will let me stream it, so I will try and watch it sometime

oh, you must, they just don't make movies like that anymore; also, the fact that the set wasn't faked adds to the atmosphere
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 am

Welcome. I've got The Third Man on DVD somewhere, I've gotta get around to watching it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harry Lime, here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Lime, here.   Harry Lime, here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harry Lime, here.
Page 1 of 1