DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Estonia! :)

Go down 
+4
e7c
Daire
lynchyeatspizza
Scarlett
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

Hello from Estonia! :) Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:02 am

Hello everyone!
Firstly I must say, that it's really nice to be with The Gaslight Anthem fans, I haven't found any yet and here in Estonia it's basically impossible to find one Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_razz
So here I am, I am 18 years old and I love music Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_smile
Nice to meet you all!

edit: oh and to add why I became a fan and all.. Well I heard someone mentioning them and so I checked them out.. When I saw they had a song "I Coulda Been A Contender" I was like this Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_eek Hello from Estonia! :) Affraid I LOVE On The Waterfront!! Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_cheers So it was a great surprise Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:20 am

Nice!
Gday Scarlett, i dont think we have any other fans from Estonia, but you never know, we might. Have you seen the band live? I havn't but i really want to Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_sad they need to come back over to Australia!
Be sure to check out the Audio section. in the master list there's a stack of amazing acoustic sessions and lots of bootlegs from their live shows!
Nice to have you here. Lynchy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:26 am

Hello Smile
Ooh I love Australia! Very Happy But that's another story Razz
Needless to say, I have not seen them live and probably never will as I live in Estoooooooooooonia and fat chance they'll ever come here -.- But maybe one day I have more money and can travel to see them Very Happy Nice dream, but oh well.
Smile
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:39 am

You love Australia? Any reason? Im guessing you havnt been here judgeing by the rest of your comment. What's Estonia like?
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:01 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
You love Australia? Any reason? Im guessing you havnt been here judgeing by the rest of your comment. What's Estonia like?
Well firstly I love Crowded House and they sparked my love for Australia and New Zealand Very Happy
I guess it's because Estonia is so far away from it and it's just something completely new and so far away from home and exotic and you guys have winter when we have summer! And it looks nice and everything and hard to explain but you get the main picture, I hope :-)
Well Estonia is.. boring Very Happy Empty.. But we have lovely nature. Smile Not here in Tallinn, though.. Have you ever heard anything from Estonia? Just ineterested to know as most people never have a clue about it.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:08 am

Nah I don't really know much about it Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_smile Never met anyone from there actually. That's good you like Australia, i think we're pretty different from most places! But i guess it does get boring every now and again, not many bands i love come over to tour too often Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_sad
Hope you stick around ! Oh and check out the mixtape project ! Its pretty awesome!
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:30 am

I think you still get more bands than Estonia though Very Happy
I wish I would live in USA or Great Britain.. That would be like a dream Very Happy
I'm sure I'll stick around xx
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 am

Didn't the guys stuff get stolen in Estonia on the last Euro tour, or was that Finalnd? Or am I thinking of something completely different??

Anyway, welcome to the board! Are you from Talinn?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:04 am

I am pretty sure you are the first Estonian fan... next time they do a european tour you should take the train up to Germany and catch a show.. actually I think Prague would be closer.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Ha I sure would like to catch a train but money money money Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_biggrin
I would love to see them live though :-)

And Daire, yes, I'm from Tallinn Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_smile
Whose stuff? Huh? Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_question Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:45 pm

dude, what up. welcome. you ever heard of illScarlett? they're a sick reggae/punk band from Montreal and your name reminded me of them
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Hey Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_smile
Yeah I have heard of them, but I haven't listened to them Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:50 pm

ESTONIA in the house.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Scarlett wrote:
I wish I would live in USA or Great Britain.. That would be like a dream Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_biggrin

Maybe not if you lived there already!

Welcome to the forum by the way, good to have a user from another country on board!
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:01 pm

thanks you two Very Happy

And yeah, I know, the grass is always greener on the other side while it actually isn't Wink
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:59 pm

I fertilize my lawn so its pretty green
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Our grass is green even without fertilizing Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:05 pm

@ scarlett
nice to have the baltics represented here =)

as by your comments, estonia has got to be a little like austria...
i know your capital is tallin, your language's only relatives in europe are finnish and hungarian, oh and you are thinking about introducing the euro, am i right?

hopefully you someday will be able to get to see all the bands you would want to.
i must admit, i do not know any estonian band?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Grazer wrote:

i must admit, i do not know any estonian band?

neither do I! I am hoping you will do a mixtape for us!
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:31 am

Hey, welcome!

That's really cool that you like Crowed House. I was born in New Zealand and went to school there and I remember singing their songs at school assemblies.

Cool avatar by the way, I really like that Alice album. Do you like the new album? I do. I reckon the new singer is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:58 am

Grazer - you know quite much then Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_biggrin I'm impressed hehe

e7c - I'm not very fond of Estonian music, to be honest, I only like couple of bands and some other songs lol. But I haven't digged enough to the old soviet time much, there's a lot of good music there, I should give it a look Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_biggrin
I like this mix tape idea.. Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_bounce

andy.mac - hey, thanks! I actually have yet to listen to the new album, just can't get pass the fact that it's without Layne.. I know it's stupid and I should give it a chance, just haven't bothered yet Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_biggrin

/ about that mixtape.. It's really hard to get these songs and so the quality might not be the best.. So I don't know if it's worth it..

edit vol 2: okay so I made one mix and I included mostly songs that I love but also 2-3 songs that would just give examples what other music Estonians have done, eventhough I don't like it much Very Happy So if anyone's interested, I'll be more than glad to upload it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey Scarlett, welcome to the boards. Hope you stick around and join us for some TGA fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Estonia! :)   Hello from Estonia! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Estonia! :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: