DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Empty
PostSubject: Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)   Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:33 am

My birthday's on the 25th so I decided to name the mixtape Birthday Vibes.

I hope you guys enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/82g1h6

Sorry this is about 8 days late.

1. My Own Sinking Ship - I heard this song for the first time when Gaslight played with Good Old War this past Spring. Benny filled in for drums as the Keith, Dan and Tim all had instruments to play but needed the drums. I think this is one of GOW's best songs by far.

2. Re: Stacks - There's just something beautiful and melodic about this song.

3. True Believers - "We live our life in our own way, never really listen to what they say, the kind of faith that doesn't fade away, we are the true believers." Is there anything more that you need from lyrics? God damn they're good

4. Desperado - This song probably means the most to me on the entire mixtape. This song is one of the true essences of my life. It's my dad's favorite song. I can't even count how many times we've sung it together. I drive with the windows down and blast this song sometimes. "Don't you trust the queen of diamonds boy, she'll beat you if she's able. You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet." Wow

5. Thrash Unreal - My favorite Against Me! song, it's got a powerful chorus. Gotta love it.

6. Holiday in Spain - I spent a spring break on the balcony of a cruise ship listening to the best of Counting Crows. This song is the best of theirs.

7. 100k - This was my first Loved Ones song and still is my favorite. I wish I could have seen it live when they were in Denver.

8. The Trapeze Swinger - There are a few perfect songs in this world. Desperado is one, American Girl is another. This is one of those perfect songs. Read the lyrics as you listen to it and I hope it blows you away.

9. The Rest of My Life - Funny how things change. I was introduced to The Gaslight Anthem through Vinnie, Less Than Jake's drummer, on his website. I checked out SeƱor and the Queen and Sink or Swim and I've been hooked ever since. Since then I met him, I thanked him for introducing me to TGA and then I grew away from LTJ's music. This song though, it's alternate title is "An Open Letter to Asbury Park, NJ," part of the reason I like it probably. If you've been to Asbury you know the feel of this song is perfect. I just love it.

10. Post-War - M. Ward creates an incredible song here. Not much more than that

11. Bulletproof Weeks - I love Matt Nathanson's lyrics. He's got some feel good stuff. This is it.

12. Yell Fire! - I'd suggest reading the lyrics before you listen to this one too, or as you listen to it. The messages in this are so powerful. Kind of hippie-ish one could argue. "Throw your hands up/take it to another level/and you never ever ever make a deal with the devil."

13. Slow Show - The National is an incredible band with an incredible voice behind it. "You know I dreamed about you, for 29 years before I met you" I feel like that sometimes with important people, you know?

14. Love Ire & Song - This song, oh this song… If you want lyrics that absolutely embody what punk rock means, this is the song for you. I'm sure you've all heard this a million times before but please don't skip over it. Listen to it, maybe read the lyrics and think about this song and what Frank's saying.

15. A Decade Under The Influence - This song was my favorite about 5 years ago. I don't listen to Taking Back Sunday anymore but this song is a good one whenever it comes up on shuffle.

16. Slow Motion - This song is crazy. It's one of Third Eye Blind's original songs from their 1994/95/96 demos and as it was about to be released, Columbine happened. The song was quickly edited so that it was instrumental everywhere except the choruses. This full version was released on compilations later after the date. Powerful shit about shooting people and Hollywood violence.

17. The Waiting - The waiting is the hardest part. In life. Ain't that the fucking truth.

18. Let's Start a Riot - This song is just fun pop-punk. These guys are from Toronto, they're good guys. They're worth supporting.

19. Love Gets Lost - Jonah Smith could be the greatest musician no one's heard of. The greatest lyricist at least. His music is phenomenal and if you like it in the slightest, shoot me a PM and I'll get you an album of his. I'm doing everything I can to promote him because he deserves it but he has shitty management who does him disservices and he isn't nearly where he should be in the industry after 4 amazing releases.

Thanks for listening to the mixtape. I look forward to what you have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)   Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:55 am

Thanks Vibes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)   Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:02 am

happy early birthday Vibes, thanks for giving us all a present with this mixtape!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)   Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:25 am

Anyone interested in this mixtape? haha
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)   Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 am

Okay, ive had a good listen now, I'll take you through it! The songs with love it are songs ive already heard, and think are absolutely awesome.
1. A great Good Old War track Smile really enjoyed it and although i have their album ive only listened to it once, so its going to get me to have another listen.
2. love it
3. love it.
4. I had heard a cover of this by Me first and the gimme gimme's, but never the original. This song is amazing and i wish my dad had shown me this song so i could sing it with him!
5. love it!
6. Nice Counting Crows song, i need to have a look at a bit more of their stuff.
7. love it.
8. The trapeze swinger is a great song! I really enjoyed it, lyrics are amazing.
9. love it. LTJ are soo goood Smile
10. Didn't love this song. It's alright but i couldn't get into it.
11. Enjoyed this one, very beautiful.
12. GUITAR IS AWESOME! i really enjoyed it. reminded me of audioslave for some reason.
13. love it. What's you fav album by these guys? I think alligator is soo goood!
14. love it. Frank Turners lyrics are so good and easy to relate to.
15. Not bad. Ive heard alot about these guys but never really listened. Might see if i can borrow their most recent album off my mate.
16. The lyrics are scary! good song.
17. I like hearing other Tom Petty songs i dont know. I've got 4 of his albums but I found them all to similar sounding to listen to them too often. This song was good Smile
18. This songs great:) Love the guitar and the chorus, as well as the singers voice.
19. Pretty good song. Would i have heard it before? Feels like I have.

Thanks VIBES!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)   Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 am

The National are a great fucking band. Alligator is a solid album too. I like Boxer better though. Thanks for listening lynch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)   Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vibes' "Birthday Vibes" mixtape (10/12-10/26)
Page 1 of 1