DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Midwestern boy here

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

Midwestern boy here Empty
PostSubject: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:10 am

Hello fellow Dimestore Saints. My name is Jon & I am from central Iowa. I've only been blessed enough to see TGA once in concert (because no one tours close to me) and after that show, I signed up for the forum. I remember liking what I heard on their myspace a little after Sink or Swim came out, but I didn't fall in love until I heard the song "Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?" Kinda weird because that's not really one of my favorite of their songs anymore. Anyway, I'm in a band, I'm into art, and I love The Gaslight Anthem. Hi.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:39 am

Hey Jon, hows it going? What's your band called? got a link to some songs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:25 pm

yeah, lets hear your band! Glad you found the forum
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Is there a link to some music from your band?

Welcome, how did you find about TGA?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:21 pm

hey man, another Midwesterner here. yeah, it stinks not having bands come nearby. i live near 4 big cities, but i still feel like they don't come around enough. can't even imagine what it's like in Iowa. did they play in Iowa, or did you have to travel far to see them?
Back to top Go down
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:18 pm

My band is Atombender- the songs on our myspace are pretty old...working on new stuff right now but if you like it, awesome!
http://www.myspace.com/atombender

I really don't remember how I found about TGA...I'm thinking the Streetlight Manifesto skachilles messageboard. There's a lot of kids from NJ over there.
The only time I've been able to catch TGA was in the closest city to me- Minneapolis. It was close to 4 hours driving just to get there.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:56 pm

nice, that's where i first heard about TGA too. they were going nuts about Sink or Swim and it made me check them out. when i heard SeƱor and the Queen for the first time, i was hooked
Back to top Go down
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:06 am

what's your screen name at Skachilles?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 am

DMill. i rarely ever post there though. i mainly just stick around for UtP and if there's ever any news about Streetlight. what's your user name?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midwestern boy here   Midwestern boy here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midwestern boy here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: