DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buffalo Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Buffalo Review Empty
PostSubject: Buffalo Review   Buffalo Review Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 am

Town Ballroom is a wonderful place to see the band. Three levels encircling the stage, halfway around the venue, and it has projecter screens, like you would see at big pavilion shows. Very impressive, compared to Pittsburgh's, Mr. Smalls.

What can I say that hasn't probably been thought or said--Awesome show. The guys really seem like they have a good time with each other, hopping around the stage, smiling, etc.. They put on the best show anyone could ask...

Of course, I won't be able to remember the set list, but they played 16 songs, give or take.
Started with High Lonesome--played almost every song off 59 Sound, except for River's Edge, I think. Played We came to dance, Angry Johnny, I'da called you Woody, Joe off Sink. And finished it off with an encore of Blue Jeans and Say I won't. (Again--no 1930)

The crowd was super rambunctious, singing along to every word, pumping fists, etc. Lots of Energy.

It was well worth the 400 mile roundtrip from Pittsburgh. Can't wait to do it again.

Why is Murder by Death opening for them? I don't get it, they don't do anything for me at all.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Buffalo Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Review   Buffalo Review Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:34 am

I found this review on the Buffalo News website--Just a tad better than my stab at the review.
This writer has got it--He explains eloquently why Gaslight has struck a chord with so many, and why they may be the next big thing. Enjoy.

http://www.buffalonews.com/entertainment/story/826336.html
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Buffalo Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Review   Buffalo Review Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:57 am

here's another review:

www.ubspectrum.com/article/40563
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

Buffalo Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Review   Buffalo Review Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 am

Brian was being pretty crazy - saying lots of random funny stuff between songs and adding new lyrics/cover parts in the middle of songs (old white lincoln come sot mind)
Back to top Go down
lakeeriemonster
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Buffalo Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Review   Buffalo Review Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Some videos:

High Lonesome

Old White Lincoln

The '59 Sound

We Came To Dance

Say I Won't (Recognize)
Back to top Go down
http://lakeeriemonster.blogspot.com
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

Buffalo Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Review   Buffalo Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Haha i just realized brian was singing Tegan&Sara at the end of Old White Lincoln! and he also fell over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buffalo Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Review   Buffalo Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Review
Page 1 of 1