DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

320kbps CRT 4 tracks.

Go down 
+7
vamike
rhg5010
Prisoner
steady now steady now
lynchyeatspizza
nuwbuddy
Jukebox Romeo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
meh

320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Empty
PostSubject: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 6:54 pm

So I downloaded the 3 track demo off of the master audio downloads. The bit rates were incredibly low, and horrible sounding, so I went searching for a better quality version and found not 3 but 4 320 kbps tracks. Awesome I know, so yeah...

track listing

1. Scene of the Crime
2. The Blues
3. I Hope the Money Comes in Someday (Five Year Plan)
4. Look on the Bright Side

enough reading, here is the link
http://www. mediafire. com/download.php?dqmdzkhdhyz

just copy/paste/dowload/enjoy
320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:23 pm

awesome man, good find
Back to top Go down
nuwbuddy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:52 pm

thanks, i'm surprised no one else found these before. but seriously, i compared these to the demo's i downloaded a while back, and these blow them out of the park. oh i finally got my registration confirmation email so yeah, i'm 'meh', i only used that cause i didn't want to use this username.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:09 am

AWESOME! Thanks man, amazing find!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:03 am

A few questions, not to anyone in particular, but if anyone knows the answers that would be helpful.
Five year plan or I hope the money comes in someday, what's the actual title?
Is it Brian Fallon and the Cincinnati Rail Tie or just Cincinnati Rail Tie?
And does the EP have a title?

Thanks again nuwbuddy!
Back to top Go down
nuwbuddy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:40 am

the only informative thing i see about it is in http://www.gaslightanthem.org/earlier.htm

but this only has 3 crt songs, not the 4th. Five year plan/i hope the money comes in someday is probably just like she coulda raised the titanic/1930, you know, Brian likes to change things around. I found the songs off of the guy who recorded them, so they probably called it IHTMCIS, then when time came to show the world the songs, Brian decides to change the title to FYP. Which makes sense cause a lot of artists do that. As for a title to the ep, it's probably s/t. there is an image to CRT too... in case you want to use that as art.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:59 am

nuwbuddy wrote:
the only informative thing i see about it is in http://www.gaslightanthem.org/earlier.htm

but this only has 3 crt songs, not the 4th. Five year plan/i hope the money comes in someday is probably just like she coulda raised the titanic/1930, you know, Brian likes to change things around. I found the songs off of the guy who recorded them, so they probably called it IHTMCIS, then when time came to show the world the songs, Brian decides to change the title to FYP. Which makes sense cause a lot of artists do that. As for a title to the ep, it's probably s/t. there is an image to CRT too... in case you want to use that as art.

Thank you for this. I shall update my 'records' accordingly.

I have since found this 'info' page: jivetheuniversal.thestiz.com/discography/brian_fallon_of_the_gasligh/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks a lot for this.

That fourth new song is great
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:11 pm

First of all, thanks for finding this. Always loved the CRT tracks and I'm excited to hear the new one.

As for the album title, I doubt it's anything concrete but on the Purevolume page (which doesn't exist anymore) it said the album title was "You Grab Your Jacket" which is a phrase taken from one of Brian's old songs from Surrogate McKenzie, "Still Sixteen"

As for the band name, I just keep it as Cincinnati Rail Tie on my iPod
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 am

Sweet. Yeah I recall the You Grab Your Jacket name from somewhere a while back. I'm not sure really though. I'm actually emailing the guy on the  jivetheuniversal.thestiz.com site now, to see if i can find out.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:29 am

thanks! those songs are so good. finally hearing them in good quality makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:24 am

This stuff is way better than This Charming Man. Anyone with me on that?
Look On The Brightside is one perfect pop song
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:30 am

Prisoner wrote:
This stuff is way better than This Charming Man. Anyone with me on that?
Look On The Brightside is one perfect pop song

Agreed. I'm not keen on TCM, but that may have a lot to do with the production as well.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm not so sure, I love TCM and i love CRT. I don't think I could pick a favourite.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:16 pm

The guy who recorded its reply:

"No prob Tom. I recorded the EP in my parents basement before i got my 
new place (www.thestiz.com)
Brian is an old friend of mine. I played bass/sang backups/recorded-
mixed- produced the EP. Fallon got one of his friends to play drums,
and did everything else himself.

Thanks for the kind words about everything, Brian is really talented
and i'm glad to know him and watch him succeed in his career.

Also, these were the names of the songs as he left the studio, i think
he actually changed the names of them before releasing them. I should
really ask him and change the site if i'm wrong.

btw, were you able to download the songs from the site, or just
listen? if they're downloadable i should really ask Brian if it's
okay to pass this stuff around.

Thanks again,
Mike

www.jivetheuniversal.com
www.thestiz.com"
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:48 am

So Brian recorded that solo on Five Year Plan? I don't believe that Razz
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:43 am

I'm emailing Mike again to make sure that it's actually Brian playing that solo. I knew Brian would be good at guitar, but that's amazing!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:29 pm

I have obtained/collated additional info, which I have now added to www.gaslightanthem.org/earlier.htm :

Apparently Brian decided to record a 'solo' EP, but wanted it to still have a band look/feel to it. He called in a friend of his to play drums, while another friend of his, Mike Hemberger, played bass, sang backups and produced the EP, which was to be called "The American Music EP". Brian did everything else. He got some good feedback on the EP and then formed a band after the fact. They only played together for a little while, and the people that played live didn't play on the EP.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:58 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
I'm emailing Mike again to make sure that it's actually Brian playing that solo. I knew Brian would be good at guitar, but that

's amazing!

The purevolume site, which is now gone says it's

Brian, Jamie, Stevie, Mike

http://web.archive.org/web/20040506133708/http://www.purevolume.com/brianfalloncrt
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:10 pm

what's this about an album cover? what's the name of it anyway? "You Grab Your Jacket" or "The American Music EP" or something different?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Sounds pretty good. Nice harmonica on The Blues.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:32 am

Mike has sent me 3 emails overnight.

1st:

Yes, me singing "everybody needs someone sometimes"
The drummer- i think his name was Corey?!?! He was the drummer of a band Brian played with for a tour one summer, maybe it was the Lawrence Arms? Idk, he was in and out of a lot of bands around that time. . . i only met that dude that day. Really nice kid, and easy to work with in the studio.
Yes, Brian played the solo.
The original name of the EP was "The American Music EP" but i'm pretty sure he changed the name of the EP and a few songs before it was pressed.
There's only a few in circulation. I actually just saw an old beat up copy in my buddy's truck a few months ago. I should snag it up from him.
Oh, just read the end of your email again. Yeah, he def changed the name of that song. I just had the names as they left the studio, i remember him giving me a copy and seeing the title and song title were different.
Yeah, someone probably nicked them from my site. That's fine with me actually, next time Brian comes by to say hello i'll just ask him if i should/could make them available. . . Though i know he's all weird about the Amping Copper stuff too, so it might not happen.
Mike

2nd:

Hey Tom
Oh man, i was just reading TGA forum you guys are all posting on. I just realized i was thinking of a different song. It's NOT Brian playing that solo, hahaha. It's actually his old guitar teacher whom we are both mutual friends with. His name is Tim Fogerty and he's amazing. Also, on 5 Year Plan or IHTMCIS it's his mom singing backups!
I love and still rock to these songs all the time.
Mike

3rd:

Wow, this is fun remember the good ol days. Haha, gaslightanthem.org reminded me that the drummer for the EP was from Lanemeyer!
Mike

WOW!
The EP was called the "The American Music EP" but that might have changed. Not sure what too. The drummer was from Lanemeyer, anyone know who their drummer is? And it wasn't Brian playing the solo Sad it was his guitar teacher. And it is BRIAN'S MUM who sings backups in 5 Year Plan!!!!!
Has anyone ever found out which Soul album she's on?

Everything I just found out is awesome! Thanks Mike if you read this!
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:44 am

Last email.

No prob Tom, i had already seen that post actually.

I actually have no idea what records his mom has sung on. I just knew that she was a singer, but not sure to what level. I'd be interested to hear that as well.
Mike

ps- if anyone is around NJ and wants to record with me, my studio is still goin strong!!!
www.thestiz.com
Back to top Go down
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm Jeff and new to the site and I'm having a blast finding out all this other music. This EP just blew me away. Amazing stuff.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:57 pm

Anyone else having trouble with the download link?

Been using this as album art for the old version of this EP:

320kbps CRT 4 tracks. 24o1ufa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 320kbps CRT 4 tracks.   320kbps CRT 4 tracks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

320kbps CRT 4 tracks.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next