DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Empty
PostSubject: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Anybody from this board going to be there?
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:01 pm

i'll be there on sunday... just got my tickets for the double door today too
Back to top Go down
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:35 am

Looks like it's just us.
Keep an eye out for me. I'll be the big old bald guy in the Mosh pit with my 13 year old son.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
RDemo2

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:28 pm

My wife and I will be there. We were at the April show, too.

This is me.
Back to top Go down
RDemo2

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:30 pm

That didn't work. I was trying to post a link to my twitter page.
Let me try again...
Back to top Go down
RDemo2

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:32 pm

That didn't work either... anyway, I'm on Twitter @RobDemovsky. Come say hello or I'll see you at the show!
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 am

here's the setlist...

High Lonesome
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
The '59 Sound
We Came To Dance
Film Noir
Miles Davis & The Cool
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Senor And The Queen
Meet Me By The River's Edge
Great Expectations
Here's Looking At You, Kid
The Backseat

Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Drive
Stand By Me (just a tease/music but no singing)/I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Say I Won't (Recognize)

recording turned out meh... should have used an external mic... hopefully my friend can make it sound better... unless anyone on here is good at that type of thing and wants to give it a shot... let me know
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:29 am

Hey, I was at the show too. I totally saw Mosh . I don't think anyone can miss you. The show was so fun. I really liked Frank Turner. I really hope they play were getting a divorce and 1930 at HOB. I dont think Ill hit up double door just because that would be my fourth time in 4 months. oh and i live in palatine too lol.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:57 pm

senor & the queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJW-nKdH7tE

Recap: The Gaslight Anthem at Turner Hall
http://milwaukee.decider.com/articles/the-gaslight-anthem-at-turner-hall,33677/
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:49 am

forgot to say... obviously people from palatine have excellent taste in music!

i can't believe you would pass up seeing the dd show though... were you at the last one?
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:13 am

No. I tried to get a ticket from q101. I did see them at lolla though. I've never actually even been to DD. Im only 22 so that's my excuse.
Back to top Go down
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:45 am

PFREEZY wrote:
Hey, I was at the show too. I totally saw Mosh . I don't think anyone can miss you.
Hilarious! What gave me away?

PFREEZY wrote:
i live in palatine too
I live about 20 minutes west of you in Carpentersville.

It was a great show but seems to be over too quickly.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:40 am

Mosh wrote:
I'll be the big old bald guy in the Mosh pit
Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_lol

This. You going to any chicago shows.
Back to top Go down
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:05 am

I would like to but the fact that they are both in the middle of the week kind of kills it for me.
Back to top Go down
scarysmurf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Hey Mosh, this is the kid that you've seen at the passed 3 Gaslight shows!
Just thought Id let you know that I semi lurk these boards, but didnt see this topic till after the show (obviously).

And go to the HOB show! If you can travel to Milwaukee on a Sunday you can drive 45 min to Chicago on a Wed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/scarysmurf
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 am

ScarySmurf,
Great seeing you in the pit on Sunday night.
I know. I know. I could make it to the HOB show in Chicago. The problem is that apart from it being a weeknight, it is a 17+ only show which means I can't take my 13 year old son. He loves TGA and has been there with me 2 out of the 3 shows we've seen each other.
At least the Turner hall show was all ages.
So are you definitely going?
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:56 pm

the HOB show is all ages... at least that's what it says here:
http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventdetail.php?eventid=59438

i'm gonna have to sneak out of work to make it on time cuz doors are so dam early!
Back to top Go down
RDemo2

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:13 pm

I was actually a little disappointed with the Gaslight's performance. I saw them at Turner Hall in April and thought they were way more into it then. On Sunday, while their performance of the songs was good, they seemed to rush through the set list. Not as much banter with the crowd as last time, and they just didn't seem to be having as good a time on stage as last time.

The set itself was probably about 10 or 15 minutes shorter than last time, even though they played roughly the same number of songs. Maybe it can be chalked up to being on the road for so long and playing the same material over and over. I don't know. Whatever the reason, they just seemed huried and uninterested.

Thought Frank Turner was awesome. Wish he had played longer.
Back to top Go down
scarysmurf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:24 am

Mosh,
The HOB show is an all ages show, so you can definitely bring your son along. Which, by the way, my friends and I were talking about and concluded that he got tall as shit since the last time we saw him.
And I am for sure going, I actually bought my ticket about a month ago. Not that I am that obsessed with them or anything...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/scarysmurf
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 am

OK, here is the deal. The HOB site said that it was an all ages show but if you click through to order tickets, the ticketmaster site said that it was a 17+ show. I called the HOB and the woman I talked to confirmed that it was an all ages show. I had her take a look at the ticketmaster site and she realized that they were in error and said she was going to contact them to have it fixed.
So maybe I will get to go after all.

Also, BTW, your comment about my son made us all laugh! Appreciate that. He's over 5'8" now and just turned 13 (not that I'm proud of him or anything). As soon as the pit opens up, he wants to get right in there. He took a pretty hard shot on Sunday and got knocked to the floor but got right back up and kept going.

Hope to see you at the HOB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th   Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milwaukee Show - Oct 4th
Page 1 of 1