DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Song Question from last night's AZ show

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ick1999

Song Question from last night's AZ show Empty
PostSubject: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi - I saw TGA in Scottsdale, AZ last night, and have the set list down except for one song. It was sandwiched between "Angry Johnny and the Radio" and "Great Expectations". I swear I heard the lyrics "go out on the ocean" and "swore that I'd be single" somewhere in the song. But it doesn't match up with any TGA songs... anyone know what it might be?

Thanks!
Pete

Here is the set list from last night:

Set List - September 15th

High Lonesome
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
The '59 Sound
We Came To Dance
Film Noir
Miles Davis & The Cool
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Stand by Me intro > I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Angry Johnny And The Radio
?? Go out on the ocean / I swore that I'd be single
Great Expectations
Here's Lookin' At You, Kid
The Backseat

Encore

Blue Jeans and White T Shirts
Wherefore Are Thou, Elvis?
Senor and the Queen
We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Dinner
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:58 pm

they frequently play parts of other songs during the breakdown portion of angry johnny. this one was likely the lyle lovett song called if i had a boat, which has been played earlier this tour. not sure how much of it they play but here are some lyrics - http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/lovett-lyle/if-i-had-a-boat-872.html
Back to top Go down
ick1999

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Ral - that's EXACTLY what it was... thanks so much!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Never heard of them playing that before, would be interested to hear it. hopefully a video will surface. In my opinion Angry Johnny lends itself to incorporating other songs, as we've seen many a time.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 pm

wow someone else was at the arizona show? no one else is on here from az! it was such a good show. id say more but im packing up for my road trip tonight, gonna catch the shows in LA and SF.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbgY2mONyY&feature=related

here you can hear Brian singing that song
Back to top Go down
Don Juan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Don Juan

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:47 pm

That's my video! Smile
If anyone wants to see anymore from the Denver show, I managed to record the entire Gaslight set. I'm in the middle of uploading them to Youtube but it's a lengthy process. I've got a few Gaslight songs up, a few Frank Turner songs up, and one Loved Ones song.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DonnJuan715
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/donwebb
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:54 pm

I was just going to ask on youtube if yuo filmed the comlpete set Very Happy
Can you upload everything as a torrent or something? If not, please tell me here when you're finished uploading it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song Question from last night's AZ show   Song Question from last night's AZ show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Song Question from last night's AZ show
Page 1 of 1