DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

talley\'s mixtape

Go down 
+3
mescalero
rivercities
talley
7 posters
AuthorMessage
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: talley's mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:35 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b9435bb027fa04fe67cd7f7bd65f7eeffb4951af6b99d127ce018c8114394287

Here is my mixtape, sorry if its a little late in the day, but i had a long day of classes.
Ill have descriptions up tomorrow, but here is the tracklist:
1. Mary-The MoBros: This is one of my good friends from high school and his little brother. They are really good and I thought Id try to spread there name some. Great guys, great band, great song.

2. A Lifetime-Better than Ezra (live) This is from there show at the House of Blues in New Orleans. A beautiful song about the loss of someone dear and dealing with that loss.

3. The General-Dispatch: A very, very cool song about a general realizing the reality of war and that its not worth it.

4. Dancing Queen-Frank Turner: I'm sure you have all heard the original by ABBA, but I think Frank Turner does a great job of putting his own spin on it.

5. The Road (acoustic)-Frank Turner: In my opinion this is the best song on his new album. Very cool video as well. This version is from the 'Deluxe Version' from iTunes.

6. Satellite-Kiss Kiss: I heard these guys open for Fake Problems and they were amazing live. Even got to talk to them for a long time afterwards and they were really cool people. There music had almost a haunting beauty to it.

7. King Without a Crown-Matisyahu: Truth be told, I dont know that much about this song and this is the only song by Matisyahu song I know, but I love it.

8. Stand Up and Shout-Dio: A bit of a change of pace, but something I really like. One of the few people who could ever replace Ozzy Osbourne. Great song about not being held back by people who disagree with you.

9. One Man Revolution-The Nightwatchman: Much to my disappointment brad put The Nightwatchman on his mixtape. Its really a similar attitude to RATM but a much different approach.

10. Wagon Wheel-Old Crow Medicine Show: Just some good, fun Southern music. The chorus was actually originally written by Bob Dylan, but he never finished it so OCMS built a song around it. Against Me! does a decent cover of it as well.

11. No Control-Pepper: I love the intro to this song. Im also a big fan of the attitude of living life uncontrolled (except for the drug stuff).

12. Born to be Wild-Steppenwolf: A classic.

13. Maximum Firepower-The Nightwatchman: Tom Morello at his best. Lot of cool little references in this song. Not gonna lie, this song gets me fairly pumped up.

14. Heart BPM-Chris Farren: An acoustic solo performance at 88.1 Weber. I feel this version is way more meaningful than the original, much more personal and emotional.

15. Scary-The Movement: Another little local band thats starting to get a little bigger. Kind of a new spin on reggae, they have some real good songs.

16. Angel's Wings (original/live)-Social Distortion: This version is far better than the studio version. Mike Ness' description at the beginning makes me look at the song an entirely new way. Overall, I think this version has a lot more meaning and purpose than the one from the album.

17. My Baby Walked Out-The MoBros: One of there new songs. There is a pretty sweet video of this song from my school's talent show on youtube. As I said earlier, great kids with an incredible amout of potential.

18. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World-Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: I dare someone to listen to this song and be said, you simply cant do it.

Last edited by talley on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:13 am

Looks cool man i like how you mixed it up adding some pepper their a cool band
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:59 am

i think you'll need to update the address to download your mix...
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:00 am

ditto.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:41 am

what are "The Road (Acoustic)" and the Chris Farren and Social D tracks from? i'm pretty sure i have the Chris Farren one if it's from a radio show, but i was not aware of the existence of the other two
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm

live BTE... excellent!!!
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, the link should be working now.

The acoustic version of The Road is from the "deluxe version" of Poetry of the Deed on iTunes, the Chris Farren is from the radio show, I got it from youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IPmUJsQlqQ). As for the Social D, I found it on youtube as well (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQB0uLRfUw) Unfortunately, I dont know where or when it was recorded.

Also, song #17 is My Baby Walked Out, not Shake. I couldnt decide which to put on and wrote the wrong name by accident.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:32 pm

any chance you could upload all those itunes bonus tracks for Poetry of the Deed for me? i'd love to hear all those acoustic versions, and i can't find them online anywhere. i don't need the video for The Road though
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:27 am

No problem jukebox, ill try to get that up tomorrow
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:14 am

Those Bonus tracks are on spotify too
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Here are the 5 acoustic songs from Poetry of the Deed
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b9435bb027fa04fe67cd7f7bd65f7eef581d42929ba352fea7b01fe6e4055ae3
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:31 pm

awesome man, thanks a ton
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:09 am

G day Talley. Sorry about this but it seems all the songs are separate downloads. Like the other mixtapes please put all the files into a folder, then zip the folder and upload that. This will be easier for everyone to download the tracks. So hopefully more people will download your mixtape!
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:42 am

Alright, thanks for letting me know, Ill try to get that done soon.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:12 am

Cheers. Razz
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 pm

I still havn't been able to download this mixtape. Has anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

talley\'s mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: talley\'s mixtape   talley\'s mixtape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

talley\'s mixtape
Page 1 of 1