DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story) Empty
PostSubject: Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story)   Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:51 pm

I saw Vic Ruggiero of the Slackers playing solo last week. He played with Kepi Ghoulie, the frontman of the now defunct Groovie Ghoulies.
Vic Ruggiero is a incredible artist with lot's of song on his repetoire in lot's of bands like The Slackers and The Skandalous Allstars. His solo project is great too. He performs like an one man band. He plays kickdrum and cymbal with his feet, sings, plays guitar and harmonica. Great bluesy, rock and roll type of stuff.

When I stood outside of the bar he was playing Vic was selling some cd's and I bought a cd from him and talked. After a while Vic notices that I have a Gaslight shirt on and starts saying that he finds Gaslight a great band and that the '59 Sound really surprised him and that it sounded like Springsteen mixed with sixties music and even The Cure influenced stuff. The really cool things is that he said that he lived close to Brian. He also told he and Brian met each other and that he told Brian that he liked his band. So Brian responded surprised and said that he really liked The Slackers. (Kinda like the same way as with Springsteen)

Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story)   Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

It's because of Brian that I got into The Slackers. One of the very first interviews I saw with Brian (end of 07) he said he like them.....I went and checked them out, I liked them too!! I saw them not that long ago in ME and am going to see them in Boston at the end of the month- I think they're amazing live. I also saw Vic with Shanti and Greg too - awesome show!! Thanks for the story.
Back to top Go down

Vic Ruggiero of The Slackers (Gaslight related story)
Page 1 of 1