DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pittsburgh Show Roll Call

Go down 
+3
CluckyB
steady now steady now
Reinvent good times
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:04 pm

How many of us will be attending the show on Tuesday in Pittsburgh? Can't wait. It will be my 2nd time seeing them, and will probably roadtrip later this tour to see them again. I like that it's the first show of the tour--lots of energy / enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
I like that it's the first show of the tour--lots of energy / enthusiasm.

especially after the triumphant time they've had over here in the UK/Europe
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Discovered these guys a few weeks after they played in Pittsburgh so it'll be their first show for me. (Not to mention first show outside of a festival experience in general...). Can't wait!

Totally agree about the awesomeness of being their first show of the tour. No need to worry about rust due to all the festivals they've played at, and there should be a bunch of excitement due to the tour start.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Excuse the well-worn cliche, but I'm like a little kid at Christmas, anticipating the show tonite. As an adult, I've found that you don't have many moments / days like this, so I'm enjoying the vibe...I'll post a show review tomorrow. Will they start with Great Expectations? Can I get 1930? Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:21 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
Excuse the well-worn cliche, but I'm like a little kid at Christmas, anticipating the show tonite. As an adult, I've found that you don't have many moments / days like this, so I'm enjoying the vibe...I'll post a show review tomorrow. Will they start with Great Expectations? Can I get 1930? Stay tuned.

I can fully understand how you feel. You guys are so lucking getting a proper headline tour. Here in the UK we had plenty TGA this summer, but who can afford all these festival tickets.

As for the opener, most likely High Lonesome, but they may shake up the set list for this tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:12 pm

I'd guess they'd shake up the set list all throughout the tour. TGA doesn't seem like the band that will have a set-in-stone setlist for the whole tour and just go out there and follow the script.

Here's to hoping we get a good mix of songs from all their albums and a couple of awesome covers to boot. *fingers crossed for some Springsteen or the Clash*
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 7:00 pm

For their own shows I'd say tehy change the setlist up a bit every night. But during their European festival run they played more or less the same set with one song changing each time, usually a cover/older song. At Oxegen we got a cover of American Girl.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 12:14 am

holy crap someone already posted a video from tonights show haha. its not the greatest, but still. its eight oclock where i am, it cant be later than 11 or 12 on the east coast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8p5_HCAIF0
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:13 am

The show was totally amazing. Ringing in my ears is killing me right now and I don't really want to move or talk -- but as fantastic as I expected.

Reinvent the good times might be able to post the actual set list -- I honestly don't remember the order everything came in -- but it was basically all of '59 sound (no Ferris Wheel, I think thats it); We Came to Dance, Red in the Morning, I'da Called You Woody, Joe (with Brian's Clash record story and little of Stand By Me), Angry Johnny, some cover I didn't know (which really annoyed me, because it felt kinda familiar as if I might know it but without any context to help my brain out, it was rather hard to hear the lyrics), also I'm fairly sure they played Boomboxes as well though I'm not sure on that one -- half of my brain thinks the other half is confusing me. Pace was so fast and I was too busy enjoying the show. If they did thats 16 songs before the encore -- which seems like a whole lot. Then again, the played for around an hour and half.

For their encore, the played Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts, Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis, and Drive (which they claimed they hadn't played in almost 2 years and were playing just for us <3)

Pretty much everything about the show was awesome. Murder by Death wasn't honestly that great -- they had what appeared to be a bad-ass electric cello-like-thing but beyond that I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as Ninja Gun or The Loved Ones were both pretty good even though I'm not too familiar with either band and Gaslight's show lived up to my extremely high expectations for it. The crowd was incredible -- clearly rooted in punk as they rocked out to The Loved Ones, really appricated the Sink or Swim songs, but didn't really seem to get into Murder by Death. Once the gaslight set started, they helped keep the atmosphere eletric. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I doubt most bands get the kind of enthusim they showed. From start to finish, they belted out every word of every song. The place was packed and afterwards I heard multiple people say "that was the best I've ever heard them".

In short, can't wait for them to come back to Pittsburgh, I hope they are as awesome for the rest of you on their tour as they were tonight, and I need to go get more songs by Ninja Gun and The Loved Ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:02 am

Sounds like you had a really good time Clucky! Its a shame they're not playing Patient Ferris Wheel anymore, I still love that song. Strange about Drive- I may be wrong but I seem to recall they played it last time I saw them in February. That seems absolutely ages ago now!
Back to top Go down
Dharma Punx PGH
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Dharma Punx PGH

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:28 am

The show was great last night but the set was a little shorter then the one they played in march. Crowd was full of assholes though...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bertovich
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:36 am

Thought the show was great. 2nd time seeing them. Clucky is right, they played every song of 59 Sound, except Patient Ferris Wheel. I love that song but oh well. They also played We Came To Dance, I’d a called you Woody, Angry Johnny and Drive, off of Sink. I don’t think they played Boomboxes, but I’m a bit fuzzy too. And like Clucky said, the encore was Blue Jeans, Elvis and a freakin’ rousing rendition of Drive. I was in the back with the over 21 crowd, and didn’t think there were any a-holes around us, maybe towards the front of the stage there was some riff raff, so I can’t comment on that? I counted a total of 16-17 songs, something
in there.

My only disappointment was they didn’t play 1930, but I understand that’s not something they roll out at every show. I respect that. A few of my friends thought Brian’s microphone was not as loud as it should have been, that it got drowned out a bit by the music. Personally, I thought
Brian’s voice sounded better in March when I saw them, but no complaints, I was able to sing / scream along to everything. Opened with High and Lonesome, finished initial set with Backseat, and came the encore. It seemed like they were having fun, Brian commented how he loves playing in Pittsburgh at Mr. Smalls, it’s one of his favorite places (probably says that at a lot of places). Any of you who have been lucky enough to see them know this, but the show goes by so stinkin’ fast. Even though it’s 16-17 songs and 90 minutes, it freakin’ flies. I wish I could slow it down. Bought a Men’s Small T-shirt for my 5 year old daughter, she’ll love it. My wife saw them for the first time and was amazed. Good times.

I am considering road tripping to another show this Fall, if the schedule fits.

I really liked The Loved Ones, the other bands-not so much.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:01 pm

i'd be pretty surprised if they played red in the morning. remember hearing/reading something from brian that they never could get it to sound quite right live.

good reviews guys. the next 3 weeks can't pass quick enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Show Roll Call   Pittsburgh Show Roll Call Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Show Roll Call
Page 1 of 1