DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Empty
PostSubject: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am

One year ago today (as in the 19th) the most amazing album of all time was released.

Also I just read on that on page 37 of the July 11 issue of NME it states "In July 2009, following Bruce Springsteen's guest appearances with the band at Glastonbury and Hyde Park, sales of the album increased by 200%."

Wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 am

Today was the day I must have got my copy then...brilliant.

Happy anniversary. Laughing
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 am

I sill haven't got the proper 59 Sound CD. I have 2 promo cds, one on white vinyl, one on blue vinyl and 2 on green vinyl. I think I'll buy one at the next show I'm at
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:42 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
Also I just read on that on page 37 of the July 11 issue of NME it states "In July 2009, following Bruce Springsteen's guest appearances with the band at Glastonbury and Hyde Park, sales of the album increased by 200%."

that's one of those great, meaningless statistical statements - increased by 200%, but over what period?

anyway, with any luck we will get a re-mastered edition boxset with extra tracks, a release show CD and a documentary DVD when the 25th anniversary comes round ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 am

I guess it does seem meaningless, but i did assume it ment per week, like as in the week after the festivals the record sales doubled that of the week before the festivals. Although since it doesnt state weeks or monthas or anything i see what you mean steady now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911

PostSubject: Re: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeah the 200% stat is interesting. For example, sales could have dropped by a significant amount between, say Christmas and the beginning of the festival season, meaning they returned to a level they had previously been at. Typical NME. They should just have stated 'the band's profile and popularity has risen'. Saying that, I discovered the band through an album review in NME, so maybe I should be less harsh!
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Hooray! Happy 1st anniversary. Course, I wouldn't call it "the most amazing album of all time," but I'm happy nonetheless. One day, when they're huge, we can all look back and say we listened to TGA before it was cool. It's so fun to be a hipster music elitist Smile (which I'm not, but I aspire to it)
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound   The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Anniversary of The '59 Sound
Page 1 of 1