DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic

Go down 
+7
lynchyeatspizza
ral
steady now steady now
tdawg
Jukebox Romeo
simo
Vibes
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Empty
PostSubject: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 pm

From his Twitter account: Shut down the solo myspace, Theres too many folk singers these days, Im here for the rock. Folks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Hmm I wonder why. I liked the couple solo songs he had up.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 pm

too many people bugging him about a solo album probly
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 pm

The New York Times published a story recently about his non-existent upcoming solo album. That may have put him over the edge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 pm

It makes sense in those terms I suppose. He wants the focus to go elsewhere. I think his Twitter posts are the best though!
"Im here for the rock. Folks."
"Gaslight myspace
back up soon, just a server crash, from our end. from all the pretty
backgrounds. nobody panic, there's food in the barn."
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:30 am

It's probably understandable if he's getting sick of people bugging him about solo stuff. I enjoy his Twitter posts too- that one about buying loads of stuff and having a Gaslight Yard sale made me smile!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 am

It's a shame, though I'm not one to quibble with someone else's decision.

Folk has been part of TGA albums since the beginning, if I think of tracks like 'Navesink Banks' and 'Red at Night'. And Brian is great at writing those kind of songs, as well as playing folky covers of TGA songs. I trust a solo project will be back on the agenda some time.

However, given their current high profile, it's probably better to concentrate onm the rock angle, not least with a new album about to be in the making.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:21 pm

I get the feeling it's mostly a move to divert attention back to TGA as a band. Fallon himself has been getting a lot of attention, both from the media and us fans. Some artists use the band as a springboard to launch their solo careers or think of the band as "theirs" (i.e. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd) while others think of it as entirely a group effort (Jim Morrison of The Doors). Seems Fallon's more the latter.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:48 pm

tdawg wrote:
I get the feeling it's mostly a move to divert attention back to TGA as a band. Fallon himself has been getting a lot of attention, both from the media and us fans.

I think the acoustic covers didn't help and that respect. You hear it's a Gaslight Anthem session and all you get is Brian on his guitar (as much as I love those sessions). Best not to confuse the issue.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:41 pm

definitely too bad that he felt the need to do this but i can understand if it was becoming a distraction. tin pan alley and the blues mary are so great though.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Haha, new tweet:
Hey! Now I didn't Say the songs are gone, I haven't thrown them away!
Thanks for caring though! It doesn't go unnoticed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:22 pm

tdawg wrote:
Haha, new tweet:
Hey! Now I didn't Say the songs are gone, I haven't thrown them away!
Thanks for caring though! It doesn't go unnoticed!

Haha!
Hopefully he'll put out the Blues, Mary on 7" sometime in the future!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
Hopefully he'll put out the Blues, Mary on 7" sometime in the future!

At least they were up long enough to be ripped. Because we love listening to them, Brian, if you read this.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:44 am

Does everyone here have twitter? I just thought we could all reply to one of Brian's tweets and send the same thing back, to get him to have a look round this forum.Becuase he obviously looks at his twitter beacuse he replied to people caring about taking down the myspace. Or is that too stalkerish?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 am

Haha, it's an idea, but I don't want to flood the poor guy with our forum spam.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:48 am

ditto what tdawg said. mention it to him if you talk to him at a show, but we dont wanna make the guy want to shut down his twitter too haha
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 am

steph wrote:
but we dont wanna make the guy want to shut down his twitter too haha
yeah i agree with you there...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:27 am

tdawg wrote:
I get the feeling it's mostly a move to divert attention back to TGA as a band. Fallon himself has been getting a lot of attention, both from the media and us fans. Some artists use the band as a springboard to launch their solo careers or think of the band as "theirs" (i.e. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd) while others think of it as entirely a group effort (Jim Morrison of The Doors). Seems Fallon's more the latter.

Good point about the Jim Morrison/Doors observation.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
It's a shame, though I'm not one to quibble with someone else's decision.

Folk has been part of TGA albums since the beginning, if I think of tracks like 'Navesink Banks' and 'Red at Night'. And Brian is great at writing those kind of songs, as well as playing folky covers of TGA songs. I trust a solo project will be back on the agenda some time.

However, given their current high profile, it's probably better to concentrate onm the rock angle, not least with a new album about to be in the making.
that's why I don't understand what Dave Hause is doing. i think he is incredibly talented and i like him solo bu The Loved Ones are starting to make a name for themselves and now the hiatus is gonna hurt them a little
that's just my guess
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:38 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
Does everyone here have twitter? I just thought we could all reply to one of Brian's tweets and send the same thing back, to get him to have a look round this forum.Becuase he obviously looks at his twitter beacuse he replied to people caring about taking down the myspace. Or is that too stalkerish?

He definetly reads this site. I dunno how regularly he browses, but he does from time to time.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:46 pm

most artists read their biggest forum
on the hold steady board craig, franz, and bobby post from time to time
its a good idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic   Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian shuts down Myspace.com/brianfallonmusic
Page 1 of 1