DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Felice Brothers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnight Rambler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Midnight Rambler

The Felice Brothers Empty
PostSubject: The Felice Brothers   The Felice Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 am

Any fans here?

Dylan-esque folk, their self-titled album is great - frankie's gun! being particularly brilliant.

You can download quite a few songs for free on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Felice+Brothers
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Felice Brothers   The Felice Brothers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Just started listening to these guys and I'm blown away. Absolutely brilliant lyrics coupled with tight, catchy melodies. Whats not to like about that?

The lead singer also sounds exactly like Bob Dylan as well. And might be as good of a lyricist too.

Anybody else dig these guys?
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Felice Brothers   The Felice Brothers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:34 pm

I really like their earlier stuff, but I was really disappointed with Celebration, Florida. Simone Felice left the band to do his own thing, and it makes me wonder if he was the driving creative force in that band, especially considering how good his Live from a Lonely Place and the Duke & the King records are.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Felice Brothers   The Felice Brothers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah what I've listened to of Celebration, Florida just isn't that good. Overproduced and a little too far out in left field from the traditional roots/folk sound they have on the previous two records.

Boy From Lawrence County might be one of the greatest songs I've heard in a while. Such heartbreaking lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Felice Brothers   The Felice Brothers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Felice Brothers
Page 1 of 1