DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)

Go down 
+4
noble_man
lynchyeatspizza
mescalero
Asleepontheforestfloor
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Empty
PostSubject: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Hey guys, I just got on the forum today to check in and I noticed that my mixtape is due today. Luckily it was basically done. I just did one last listen though and now it's flowing right.

LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ngtmyzhdmmi

I guess the reason I gave this mixtape the title "The Music that Changed with Me" is because my taste in music has changed so much in even the past 3 years. I guess you can say that I started to enjoy many more genres than ever before. When I was 13, all I listened to was metal. I still love it now, but I don't know how I could listen to it all the time. (I can make a metal mix tape if enough people want one) But I kind of moved into new times in my life, and with this came new music. So here Is The Music that Changed with Me.

Grey fox- How 'Bout a warm glass of shut the hell up!
I live in yakima washington and this is a band from my town. They are amazing and I thought I'd put em in the tape.

Against Me!- What We Worked For
This is one of the best songs that they put out after the reinventing of axl rose album. I don't know what it is, I just love it.

Ben Nichols- The Kid
This guy is the front man for lucero. He recorded a solo album and its really good! Check it out.

Gaslight Anthem- SATQ
I know we're already on a gaslight forum, but I put my two favs on the tape. This song just started growing on me and I love it. This ep is amazing.

MxPx- Do Your Feet Hurt
I have grown up listening to these guys. My cousin showed me them when I was prolly 10. He's been obsessed with with them since he was 13 and he was fan of the year last year. He proposed to his wife on stage at an mxpx show. He even played this song at his wedding. But anyways, this is one of their older songs, but it's good.

The Lonely Forest-Blackheart vs. Captain America
This band is from the seattle area. They have played at a festival in town for a few years and they are pronominal live band. They recordings are very good as well.

MewithoutYou- The Fox, The Crow, And The Cookie
I just this band last month and they are an amazing live band. I've listened for these guys for years now and their newest album is just as good.

Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground- Hey Momma'
This band opened for mewithoutyou when I saw them and they blew me away!!! They are soo talented. They are actually signed to suberban home records, so that's really cool.

Beirut- The Akara
This guys is an amazing song writer and he incorperates many instruments into his music. I'm going to see him in san francisco soon.

Bon Iver- Wisconsin
Bon Iver was created when a guy had a really rough time of his life and he went into to a cabin in the winter to "hibernate". While he was up there he was playing around on his guitar and decided to record and album. He had some friends bring up recording equipment and instruments. The final product was breathtaking, It is by far one of the greatest albums I've heard in a while.

The Swell Season- When Your Minds Made Up
Glen Hansard started this project for the movie "Once", and most of the music in the movie is on the album. Both the movie and album are incredible. His voice and still is very unique and he is an amazing artist.

Bruce Springsteen- Lost in the Flood
While looking for which spingsteen song I wanted to put on the mixtape, I stumbled upon this song. It just had something special. I don't know what it was, but now it's one of my favorite springsteen songs.

Rocky Volotato- The Night's Disguise
Rocky is an amazing acoustic artist from seattle. I've seen him a couple of times and he is amazing live. This is one of my favorite songs by him.

Port O'Brien- I Woke Up Today
I found this band when I was looking for new music online. I bought the album on vinyl and it blew me away. This song is the best song they have written.

Manchester Orchestra- Shake it Out
These guys have been on tour with brand new and mewithoutyou, so I decided to check em out and their latest album in incredible. The passion and intensity in their songs are hard to match.

MewithoutYou- Nice and Blue Part 2
I already put one song by these guys on here, but i had to give you a taste of their older style.

Sigur Ros- Í gær
This band is from iceland and the are crazy talented. They have a documentary where they went on a free tour all over iceland. It is amazing and I'll post a link for it. Its called Heima.

Sufjan Steven- The Perpetual Self, or "What would Saul Alinsky do?"
This guy is ridiculous. He released and album with 20+ tracks and put out the bsides for the same cd and there were 20 more songs. He cranks out music sooo fast, but it is all amazing. He is a musical genius. He plays just about every instrument known to man and is accompanied by a full band and orchestra and his shows.

Tegan and Sara- You Wouldn't Like Me
I really got into these guys for a while about a year ago. They are just a fun acoustic band from canada. Tegan Is in track six on the album new wave by against me!

Tom Gabel- I Can't See You, But I Know You're There
Speaking of against me, this is a song from the frontmans solo album. Great album, great song. You guys already know about against me so no need for detail.

Bon Iver- Skinny Love
Just needed to put one more of his songs.

Fleet Foxes- Blue Ridge Mountains
I just started getting into this band resenttly and I can't stop. Amazing song, amazing album.

MGMT- Pieces of What
I know everyone likes these guys, but I do too. They're a fun band and this song is really good.

Gaslight- I'da Called You Woody, Joe
One of my favorites. Had to put it on.

Last but not least.....

Gogal Bordello- Never Young
I found out about this band after sasquatch, and I was pissed cause I would have gone if I knew who they were before. But anyways, they have a few songs in the movie Wristcutters, amazing movie by the way. But they are a gypsy punk band and they are incredible.

Well 25 tracks later, that is all.

Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you guys think!!!

Brian.

Last edited by Asleepontheforestfloor on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:36 pm

post tracks. write up later. i'm in serious need of something new to listen to. gracias!

oh, and i use mediafire.com. it seems to be one of the better ones i've seen, but i'm not really that technologically savvy.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Ok, I'm going to have on last listen to the mix tape to see if it flows the way I'd like it to. I'll post in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:38 am

Is it still uploading?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:44 am

Try this link. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this. haha

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e34807314b99a180d9d5c56d04dfa8b0b8eb751976a956c75621d66e282a0ee8
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 am

That folder has all the songs seperatley, a bit of a pain to download. The best thing to do is zip a folder with all the files in it, and then upload that folder. To do this, check out this link: http://it.cas.psu.edu/Training/HowTo/ENComputers/zip.html
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 am

i know about one fourth of the song you put on and the rest sounds like an awesome tape too. =)

and you should really try to put all songs in one zip-folder, that makes it a lot easier to download...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 pm

going throught it for the first time and i really like it a lot =)
thx for that sigur ros track, i didn't know that one yet and it is awesome.
Back to top Go down
noble_man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Deadly little weee mix tape ! ... Never heard that tom gabel song .. is it on heart burns e.p!
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:42 pm

[quote="lynchyeatspizza"]That folder has all the songs seperatley, a bit of a pain to download. The best thing to do is zip a folder with all the files in it, and then upload that folder. To do this, check out this link: http://it.cas.psu.edu/Training/HowTo/ENComputers/zip.html
Hope this helps.[/quote]

Oh Ok. I didn't think about that, I'll do that right now.

Oh and also, The tracks are out of order. I think they flow better in the order I did the descriptions, but its not not too big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks Grazer. That is one of my favorite sigur ros songs. It's on the Hvarf album.

Thanks noble_man. I think that track as well as an acoustic version of heart burns (which is soooo much better than the original) were itunes exclusives. But I can upload them if you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:19 pm

that would explain it, i only got the "takk" album =(
this song really can produce a special mood, just like a lot of their songs

do you also like explosions in the sky??? i love em...

okay i went through it and those are my first impressions:

i liked the following tracks the most (til yet):

fleet foxes - blue ridge mountains
tom gabel - i can't see but i know you are there (lyrics are super just like the titel already promises)
sigur ros - i gaer (as i already said)
bon iver - skinny love
ben nichols - the kid
rocky votolato - the night's disguise

sometimes i really had little problems understanding the lyrics meanings, but it you guys and your mixtapes really help me improve my english skills, or at least i hope so =)

the akara - beirut
i don't know how to rate this song, i've heard it 3 times now and i can't really tell why. somehow i really like and somehoe i really dislike it.

i got my problems with that port'o brian song - i already knew it before and somehow i can't stand it, especially the voices...

I will give you my backfeed again after hearing through it several times.
til, then greetings from austria

Last edited by Grazer on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:26 pm

Link is updated with a rar file.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 pm

That is one of their best albums. But I love all of them.
The dvd is so good.

Explosions in the sky is pretty good.

Beirut is kind of an acquired taste. But I love em.

Portishead? Do you mean port o'brien?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:35 pm

oh yeah, sry

i've mistaken port'o brian for portishead Smile
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Oh ok. Their vocals in this song are pretty different. It's more like a bunch of people yelling the song. haha
Back to top Go down
noble_man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:48 pm

yea if u could upload the bonus acoustic heart burns tracks that wud b mighty !

forgot 2 mention - gogol bordello are unreal ! seen them in dublin last year .. mighty night!
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:06 pm

Here's the acoustic version on Heart Burns

http://www.mediafire.com/?mqzmoznznyj

Yeah, Gogol bordello is ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:22 am

Looks awesome! And I agree, Gogol is the shit!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:58 pm

I'd love to hear some more input!
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am

MxPx was the first band that got me into punk rock (before that, it was mostly my mom's Billy Joel records and my dad's Boston and Journey records), so even though I'm not really into them still, they'll always have a soft space in my heart.

"I'da Called You Woody, Joe" was the first song that got me into tGA, and I think The '59 Sound pretty much sealed the deal for me.

The Lonely Forest seemed alright, as well. Other than that, it's kinda hard for me to really get into a lot of the other, softer stuff. Not that I don't enjoy the occasional, mellow song, but there isn't a lot that I can really get into. Actually, I've been surprised how different my taste in music is from the other people on this board, because there haven't been a lot of other mix tapes that I've really liked that much. Not really sure how mine will be accepted, but I still enjoy hearing what everybody else is listening to.
Back to top Go down
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Lost in the flood Is totally killer!!!

Can't wait to give this a go, love mewithoutyou
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:55 pm

MxPx was a big band for me in middle school. i think everyone kinda grows out of them at some point, but i used to love them. Life In General is probly their best album (Today Is In My Way is so sick). right when i heard the guitar, then "Emotion is my middlename..." i was sold. The Ever Passing Moment was the first one i bought, and it was so goddamn catchy. possibly the catchiest cd i've ever heard

and yeah, Lost In the Flood is a really incredible song. i feel like Bruce's first two albums don't get the credit they deserve, but i think his first is my favorite, if not Born To Run. Spirit In the Night, For You, Growing Up, all great songs

i like your choices of Against Me! songs. stayed away from the standard RAR tracks that everyone always talks about

and Ben Nichols, always solid. have you heard the songs from their upcoming cd? "Hey Darling, Do Ya Gamble?" is awesome
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Since whenever I click on the quote button it doesn't work, I'm just going to write the name or the person, then respond.

clashrock11- I don't know why I made such a mellow mix tape, I mean I do listen to some harder stuff, but I guess I just always end up going back to stuff like this. I can make a heavy mix tape sometime. But this mix tape is more about the music I moved into after my younger metal phase. My music kind of calmed down with me.

Jukebox Romeo- Yeah dude, MxPx is great. I mean everyone kind of grew up with them but they are just one of those bands that you enjoy hearing every time you hear em.

Also, I did hear the new Lucero song and its great! I can't wait to see what direction they take the whole album.
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 am

I hear you on the mellower stuff... I remember in high school listening to Bad Religion and MxPx and wondering if I'd be in my 30s or 40s still listening to nothing but punk rock, and only seven years later, my tastes have definitely expanded.

Anyways, I've heard a lot of good things from a lot of people (on the board and elsewhere) about Ben Nichols/Lucero, definitely going to finally sit down and process some of their stuff to experience it firsthand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)   Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asleepontheforestfloors mixtape- The music that changed with me (7/27)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next