DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album

Go down 
+2
Palmer89
steady now steady now
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:36 am

[I wanted to post this is 'News', but only moderators are allowed to Sad ]

The Gaslight Anthem have revealed that they're all set to start work on the follow-up to "The '59 Sound"... once they've got their summer touring schedule out of the way. Speaking to Xfm at last weekend's Latitude festival, bassist Alex Levine explained that they didn't have a clear-cut vision of what the new material would sound like, yet.

"We really haven't sat down and stewed ideas around so much," Levine told Xfm's Sunta. "But this band has been a natural progression, from album to album, song to song, so I guess we'll see how the writing process goes."

However, The Anthem were keen to make the recording of the new record a more formal experience. "We're coming back [to the UK] at the beginning of November for about a week or so, then we're going home and recording for about four months. The last album was written mostly on the road, but for this one we're gonna concentrate, and record it in New York. We're gonna wake up about 9 o'clock, head off to the practice area, work for about six hours and then go home. It's gonna be a change of pace, that's for sure."

www.xfm.co.uk/news/2009/the-gaslight-anthem-to-start-work-on-new-album
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:33 am

Heading back to the UK for a week, either a really short tour/one off gig (Green day at Wembley maybe, it was rumoured...) or just more promotion...or is there a late festival?

Can't wait for a new album, spring 2010 i'm guessing?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:45 am

Palmer89 wrote:
Heading back to the UK for a week, either a really short tour/one off gig (Green day at Wembley maybe, it was rumoured...) or just more promotion...or is there a late festival?

scratch It had better be a short tour cheers , as I wasn't prepared to pay for x number of UK festival tickets just to see TGA. Appearing as a support act won't do either. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 am

As long as they come back to Dallas ASAP Smile
Don't want them gettin' too big before I see them again. But yes, I think it goes without saying, I'm looking forward to the next album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 pm

woot woot short tour bring it on! pleeeeaaasse!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Sounds good. I probably won't be able to see them if it's only a short tour, they'll only play the top cities, eh? But good news all the same. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:26 am

Beginning of November... phew if it's tour, as I shelled out £90 for 3 Kasabian tickets on the 20th, and didn't want to go through the process of selling them on if that show happened to clash with a Gaslight show!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:45 am

tdawg wrote:
As long as they come back to Dallas ASAP Smile
Don't want them gettin' too big before I see them again. But yes, I think it goes without saying, I'm looking forward to the next album.

you just said everything i wanted to say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album   The Gaslight Anthem To Start Work On New Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1