DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airborne Toxic Event

Go down 
+13
fullcollapse
JJW319
iwasonlytwentyone
Jay
simo
thecosmickid
kuruptlon
clashcityrocker
DaveSavedTheDay
sarahjay
I Came To Dance
Holland
Deeper Shade of Blue
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:00 am

carryon820 wrote:
I absolutely love this band! It's funny because months ago when I first heard "Changing", I immediately was reminded of TGA but not "The Queen of Lower Chelsea" as referenced above, or any particular song by TGA.......to me it just has a general TGA similarity to it.

The Airborne Toxic Event's new album "All At Once" is great! I really liked thier first album and I actually think this new one is even better! I'm a bit surprised to hear the song "The Kids Are Ready To Die" being called a favorite track by you guys...........it's actually my least favorite song on the album (although they have another version of it that they play live which I like a lot better, as it's faster/more punk influenced). My favorite songs off of the album (in no order) are "Numb", "Changing", "Welcome To Your Wedding Day", "Strange Girl", "All I Ever Wanted", and "It Doesn't Mean A Thing". Overall, the entire album as a whole is very solid and one you can listen to from start to end.

Hopefully they'll do a lot of touring! I had tickets to see them (for the first time) two Sat.'s ago in Philly but unfortunately my step-dad had a heart-attack (thank GOD he's alright and stable now) which led to me missing them/wasting money on tickets.

The song itself does have something found in a lot of TGA songs, perhaps its the upbeat bar sing along type anthem or something. I'm not really sure how to describe it but I like it.

I've been listening to this album a lot lately as well. I remember trying to get into their first album after hearing Sometime Around Midnight (awesome song) but nothing else on that album caught my attention.

But I'm a believer in this band now. Some of my favorites off the album are "All At Once" "Half of Someone Else" "Changing" and "All I Ever Wanted"

Great to have this to hold me over until we get some new TGA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 am

I feel like this band is waaay underrated. I'm a big fan of both of their albums, and listen to them quite often. I remember when that song Sometime Around Midnight first came out and I saw the video on MTV(of all places!) and I hated it. But I still bought a copy of their first album on a whim and fell in love with it. Great band!
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:34 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
I feel like this band is waaay underrated.

It's really annoying to see how this band is being treated by critics (NME, Pitchfork,...). Take this piece of writing for instance, I'd hardly call that a review.

While I believe that this is a really good band: they have some great songs, with some heavy, very emotional lyrics (but never cheap, reminds me of Brian's songwriting sometimes). And they're pretty awesome live. Really like this band, hope they get more appreciated over time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:39 am

mingus wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
I feel like this band is waaay underrated.

It's really annoying to see how this band is being treated by critics (NME, Pitchfork,...). Take this piece of writing for instance, I'd hardly call that a review.

While I believe that this is a really good band: they have some great songs, with some heavy, very emotional lyrics (but never cheap, reminds me of Brian's songwriting sometimes). And they're pretty awesome live. Really like this band, hope they get more appreciated over time.

Yeah, it's like people don't take them seriously or something. I'd love to see them live. Seems like they would have fairly energetic live show, yeah?
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am

Indeed, energetic and very spontaneous. When I saw them, they played a medley in which they covered "I'm On Fire", "I Fought The Law" ànd "Folsom Prison Blues". If you do that, you can't do much wrong for me Smile Funny guys on stage, and the songs make you want to dance or cry (Sometime Around Midnight is hauntingly beautiful live, and this one as well), pretty much at the same time (again, a bit like TGA...). Indeed, very underestimated.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 am

Or check this one out, the beginning here always makes me laugh. Very funny guy, with a lot of charisma.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:08 am

mingus wrote:
Or check this one out, the beginning here always makes me laugh. Very funny guy, with a lot of charisma.

haha, nice! Great song and they killed it live!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airborne Toxic Event   Airborne Toxic Event - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airborne Toxic Event
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2