DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The National (and a load of other bands)

Go down 
+20
Marre
JJW319
colmillionaire
loazis
Little Eden
NDTGA
JoshRaymond
ThisMachineKillsFascists
drifter69
Ivefoundgod
benbenben
simo
Holland
kieran
rivercities
hostutca
Reinvent good times
lynchyeatspizza
tdawg
Vibes
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
waster

The National (and a load of other bands) Empty
PostSubject: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Was semi-into this band, had a few of their songs. in a random youtube clip Brian said, The National's Boxer would be one of 5 albums to take on a desert island i think. so being the loser i am i downloaded it all. also, does anyone else also finding themselves listening to more soul because of the '59 sound, i do for sure

other bands:Titus andronicus, Constantines, Arcade Fire, City and colour, Airborne toxic event, Bon Iver (just a couple good songs)... thoughts

oh for any folk fans, a very good british up an coming band called Mumford and sons are superb
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 pm

I like Constantines, City and Colour and Bon Iver. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 am

Boxer definitely one of my favorite albums right now. Mistaken for Strangers is a great song!
And Fake Empire has a simple but awesome rhythm. Treble in 4/4 time, but bass in 3/4. Works so well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 am

Yeah, I too have been trying to listen to more soul cos of T59S. Listening to Brian's influences has broadened my music taste for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:18 am

I loved The National's Boxer, but for me it's too somber for a summer time vibe...I put it in heavy rotation in the dead of winter, and it works for me.
Back to top Go down
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:02 am

I saw Titus andronicus open for Lucero a while ago. Having never heard them before I wasn't impressed with the live show at all. It was kind of a mess. I'll have to check out a record because I like all the other bands on that list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 am

Brian's a fan of The National too!
Tweet:
Quote :
go get THE NATIONAL'S NEW SINGLE RIGHT NOW! IT's
called Blood Buzz Ohio!!!!! IT RULES AS ALWAYS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 am

amazing band but they have a different mood than most bands i listen to but still one of my top five listened to bands right now
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 am

I have been listening to The Boxer loads lately fantastic album.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am

Yeh nice list of bands there , got into the National due to my brother listening to them but Bon Iver is immense especially when its just the singer and his guitar like on Jools Holland. Mumford and sons album is really good too.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Bon Iver is incredible. I feel like I should like Titus Andronicus but I don't really. I like the National too.
Back to top Go down
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 am

I saw Mumford & Sons last week, was a pretty good show. Incredible song-writing, love that banjo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Does anyone have the leak of The National's latest, "High Violet??"
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:41 am

i've been keeping my eye out for it lately but haven't found anything.. I don't think its leaked yet but i could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:24 pm

I think the New York Times are streaming the new album on their website. I'm getting into The National at the moment, Alligator is a brilliant album. Haven't listened to Boxer as much but Squalor Victoria is a great song.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:32 am

listened to them all week,their first album is actually my favourite.virginia Ep is great too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:05 am

High Violet is sooo good! (aswell as their other albums)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm waaaaay too into The National right now. I've listened to them everyday for like 2 months now. Like, every album, every day.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:31 pm

i just finally listened to this band, and wow the boxer album is incredible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:34 pm

I can't get enough of this band. The more I listen to em, the more I enjoy it
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 pm

what album should i get next?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:39 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
what album should i get next?

check out Alligator. its a little more upbeat than Boxer. Songs like Mr.November, Secret Meeting, Abel are fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm

alright im on it captain
Back to top Go down
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Gun to head, I'd say The National are the best band in the world right now.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:55 am

NDTGA wrote:
Gun to head, I'd say The National are the best band in the world right now.

That is quite a bold statement. But I know several people who would agree with you. I love 'em, but have learned the hard way that it is a bad idea to listen to them while driving at night...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The National (and a load of other bands)   The National (and a load of other bands) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The National (and a load of other bands)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next