DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album

Go down 
+4
Jukebox Romeo
Stalls_Standing
Prisoner
simo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Empty
PostSubject: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:19 am

I figure chances are not all the songs have been played acoustic, but I'm trying to see what I can get. I've downloaded all the acoustic sessions that Rapidshare will let me at the moment. Here's the songs I have...can anybody tell me if other tracks exist and where?

Great Expectations
59 Sound
Old White Lincoln
High Lonesome
Miles Davis & The Cool
Here's Looking At You, Kid
The Backseat
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:29 am

http://www.vimeo.com/3778084

The last song Brian plays is The Patient Ferris Wheel

I'm sure you can figure out Casanova and Cowgirls by yourself, although the latter can be tricky
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 am

Has anyone ripped this as a full set to audio yet? If not, why not! It's amazing
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Has anyone ripped this as a full set to audio yet? If not, why not! It's amazing

Yeah that's what I've been thinking as well
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:48 am

River's Edge acoustic is on youtube. great performance of it too
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:45 pm

oh wow thanks for that vimeo video! for the first few seconds i was like "what song is this?!" then i realized it was a Springsteen cover haha, I love that song!

My god, his No Regrets cover was phenomenal! ...I like it better than the original =x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:51 pm

I didn't think Casanova Baby existed in acoustic form. If it does, point me to it asap so I can dance all afternoon
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:04 pm

no, it doesn't. the only '59 songs yet to be performed acoustic are Film (sadface), Casanova, and Cowgirls

i'm surprised Film hasn't been played acoustic yet. when i play it on my acoustic, it's dark, haunting, and really good. i'm still waiting on it though
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:

I ripped the audio, but it needs stitching, as the four FLV clips break up some of the songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Just cut it up as best you can track by track, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:07 pm

What programme are you using SNSN? Audacity is easy to use for simple stuff like that, and free too!

I guess it'd be easier to make an acoustic SoS. I think the only song an acoustic version of can't be found is Divorce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
the only '59 songs yet to be performed acoustic are Film (sadface), Casanova, and Cowgirls

I've always wondered about this. The idea of an acoustic '59 Sound I have pondered before. It's a good idea to try and make one based on what you've access to. Though if Brian recorded it I'd definately buy it!!!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Stalls_Standing wrote:

I ripped the audio, but it needs stitching, as the four FLV clips break up some of the songs.

Is it on the Masters list?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:42 pm

Haven't gotten around to ripping River's Edge and Ferris Wheel yet, but I'm enjoying my playlist. Only thing that ruins it is the varying sound quality from track to track...the quality on the ones from AP are fantastic, and then some sound like they were recorded straight off of an FM radio.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:56 am

Daire wrote:
I guess it'd be easier to make an acoustic SoS. I think the only song an acoustic version of can't be found is Divorce.
what about Angry Johnny? and he's played Divorce acoustic live, but no videos turned up
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:34 am

I've never heard Angry Johnny acoustic, I don't think.

Does anyone have Divorce acoustic?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:36 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
Stalls_Standing wrote:

Is it on the Masters list?

No, because I don't have a rapidshare account or similar. In fact, I have never looked into uploading anything like that, have now idea how to create rar or zip files, and so on, but I'll look into it, so I can do my bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album   Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to make an acoustic '59 Sound album
Page 1 of 1