DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maybe this a stupid question...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Maybe this a stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Maybe this a stupid question...   Maybe this a stupid question... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:29 pm

But where did the name of this site come from?
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this a stupid question...   Maybe this a stupid question... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:33 pm

"and i spent time 'neath the tressels
with the punks and the dimestore saints
kept faith and a switchblade tucked beneath my coat"

I'm guessing?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this a stupid question...   Maybe this a stupid question... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Oh, thanks. I haven't listened to "Sink or Swim" enough. Can't find a copy around here...I did find one once but it was $27. Rip off. Probably end up ordering it soon.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this a stupid question...   Maybe this a stupid question... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Yup, a line from the Navesink Banks.

Incidentally a dimestore saint is a little plastic model of a saint or Jesus sold in dimestores. But I'm not totally sure what it specifically means in the context of the song.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this a stupid question...   Maybe this a stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:26 pm

no, this is a good question... here is the pointless history of this forum that no one really cares about...

JULY 2008: www.thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com starts up... the name is way to long, it takes for ever to show up on google search and no one can remember which order to put big forum and pro in.

A few months later: www.dimestoresaints.com starts up, we work together to make one forum. We use DSS as the website but transfer the content from BFP

Today: everything is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe this a stupid question...   Maybe this a stupid question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe this a stupid question...
Page 1 of 1