DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've Been Around A While

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

I've Been Around A While Empty
PostSubject: I've Been Around A While   I've Been Around A While Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:23 am

Just notched up my 100th post, and now I'm 'A Contender' but I havn't really introduced myself.
Hello, I'm Lynch or Lynchy or Tom. I'm from Melbourne, Australia and no one around here knows of The Gaslight Anthem. I'm getting my friends into them, slowly.
I havn't seen TGA live, they've only came to Melbourne once, and that was a few weeks before I got into them (and it was over 18, but i'm sure i would've made it in somehow, i wouldn't have missed it for the world).

The Gaslight Anthem are my favourite band! EASILY. And i do not easily give bands that title, my two old favourtie bands was Green Day, when i was a young pop punker, back when American idiot was released, and The Bouncing Souls, when I heard their song Sing Along Forever, and then bought every album they have. The Gold Record was exceptional.

The first Gaslight song I heard was Wooderson, on last years Warped Tour Compilation. I bought the comp. because I wanted to find some new bands, but now I don't buy comps any more cos we've got the mix tape section, which is really working well. Hopefully this will continue for as long as i love TGA (ie forever)

I login to the forum pretty much every day. To check out what's been happening. It runs really well and like I read in a post 'This forum rocks!', everyone seems to get along well. And there isn't any sarcasm. And the only unkindness was when that landan guy tried to find out if he had the same pants as Brian. LOL

I can't wait til they come to Australia. The last 9 months I have been waiting for a Australian tour, and they just wont announce a tour. I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT. But it seems there booked out with shows elsewhere for the next few months, but hopefully after that they'll come over here. The wait has been too long.

Anyway, this forums great and it's great to be a part of it.

Thanks everyone for being great people (think) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Around A While   I've Been Around A While Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 am

Good idea to do an intro after 100 posts Lynchy, now we're familiar with you! I don't recall introducing myself, maybe when I reach a posting milestone I will. I'm sure TGA will hit Oz sometime soon as well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Around A While   I've Been Around A While Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:22 am

it is "kamot" to meet even people from australia.

i was wondering if there are many bands from the u.s. and europe who come to down under to play for their fans?
because i am goint to be in australia and new zealand for one year starting october 2010. right now i am attending like 2-3 concerts per month (i can' afford more money) and i do not want to miss that when i am going to be there

lynchyeatpizza: i hope for you, that tga will soon return to australia so you can see them play alive Wink
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Around A While   I've Been Around A While Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:23 pm

what's up man. the Souls are my second favorite band. so good. you ever seen them live? they put on a great show. hope you get to see Gaslight soon
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Around A While   I've Been Around A While Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:22 pm

100 posts?!? what took you so long! Lynch, I am glad you finally introduced yourself. Where does Lynch or Lynchy come from?
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Around A While   I've Been Around A While Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
Good idea to do an intro after 100 posts Lynchy, now we're familiar with you! I don't recall introducing myself, maybe when I reach a posting milestone I will. I'm sure TGA will hit Oz sometime soon as well...

yeah good idea Razz
Maybe at 500?

Grazer wrote:
it is "kamot" to meet even people from australia.
i was wondering if there are many bands from the u.s. and europe who come to down under to play for their fans?
lynchyeatpizza: i hope for you, that tga will soon return to australia so you can see them play alive Wink

kamot?
I think a fair few bands come out, mostly in summer i think though (December to February)
Although, it's more big famous overseas bands, so The Gaslight Anthem and The Bouncing Souls are not exactly going to come out for a huge tour.
Come to think of it, I have never met another person in Melbourne who has known TGA without me introducing them to them.
Thanks, yeah hopefully TGA come out sometime soon.

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
what's up man. the Souls are my second favorite band. so good. you ever seen them live? they put on a great show. hope you get to see Gaslight soon

Nah I havn't seen the Souls, last time they came out was 2007, when i just started getting into them, and i think the only Melbourne show (and only show within 10 hours of me) was over 18. I'd love to see them though.
Actually, with their 20th Anniversary World Tour, do you know if that's over? Cos I've been hoping there still announcing more dates, cos they havn't mentioned Australia at all yet.

e7c wrote:
100 posts?!? what took you so long! Lynch, I am glad you finally introduced yourself. Where does Lynch or Lynchy come from?

Cheers e7, Hopefully you sort of know me a bit by now.
My name is Tom Lynch, so that's where the Lynch and Lynchy comes from. Pretty simple really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Around A While   I've Been Around A While Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've Been Around A While
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: