DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Hey' from Wales. :)

Go down 
+2
Daire
Chels
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chels.

'Hey' from Wales.  :) Empty
PostSubject: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Ok, so, a bit about me + my TGA story?
Im Chelsea, 17, Cardiff, just got out of College with TV + Film production.

I got into Gaslight around a year ago i'll say Smile Kerrang! magazine published a band I 'had to hear' so I read the interview with this little band and it impressed me a little more that kerrang's usual 'popular' bands, these guys seemed so genuine and down to earth.
I found them on myspace and im sure they must have been all I listened to for about a fortnight...
After they released a London show I decided to send them a message saying thanks and asking if they had plans for any other UK shows as I couldnt get to London, I got a lovely reply which I hadnt expected, which brought them straight up in my books.
Almost too quickly they became 'my new favourite band' I tried making everyone listen to them + got stupidly excited when they announced a show in Bristol in Febuary, just an hour away, Unfortunatly as that was the day we had huge snowfall, my train was cancelled and there was no other way for me to get there on short notice =/ I was not happy.

Since then Ive listened religiously and through the music, lyrics and meanings I seemed to have 'found' myself, which I think alot of you may have been through so im not going to try and explain it...

Brian Fallon is quickly becoming my 'Elvis' he's taught me so much. (Ive just started stealing all my auntie's Springsteen records ;] ) I can't wait for the 7" solo release and the chance to finally see them perform.

This site seems like a little comunity so im looking forward to getting involved Smile I also love the idea of the mixtapes and im downloading the first now and will be keeping up with the future ones too! Very Happy

Thanks for reading, sorry about the essay Wink
Peace!
- Chelsea.
Back to top Go down
Chels
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chels

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Sorry about that folks I seem to have posted it as a guest...
great first impression eh?

;P
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/scruffyvsdragonninja
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Nice first post. Welcome to the site, hope you stick about and post.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Thanks for joining. See you around the boards.

Even though you've never seen them live, go to the Audio section and check out some of the bootlegs. They're phenomenal. I'd recommend Live At The Recher, Live In Boston, Live In Baltimore (Same Heart, Different City) and Live in Manchester.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 pm

wow you're 17 and out of college? that's awesome. yeah, these guys are a lot different and way more down to earth than most bands you'll hear. they're something special. hope you get to see 'em soon. it was over a year after they became my favorite band before i got to see 'em, and it was a brutal wait
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Welcome! I myself was surprised to see them reply to my messages, I give a lot of respect to them for that; I like TGA so much because they're so real, not these over the top arrogant pricks that you get nowadays, they are just simple, genuine human beings that like to make music and talk to fans and I just love that about them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Chels welcome to the forum! I remember when that Kerrang article came out, there was a line in it (I am paraphrasing) "Why are we putting a band on the cover that we have never written a word about? Because they are the best band out there right now" that article was awesome!

The mixtape section has become one of my favorite sections on this forum (be sure to get my mixtape, it rules!). You should sign up to... although, I think the next slot is all the way in September!

Once again, welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Chels
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chels

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for the reply's guys Smile
I'll deffinatly check out the bootlegs and sign up for the mixtape!
I can't wait to see the guys live + meet them Smile I think the best thing about a really honest, genuine band is that the songs are so much purer and the fans are so genuine Smile its great to be part of somthing so special.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/scruffyvsdragonninja
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Hey' from Wales. :)   'Hey' from Wales.  :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Hey' from Wales. :)
Page 1 of 1