DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi Everyone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Not sure whether I am going to be the oldest person on here! Certainly feels like it at the shows! I am (and have been since early 80's) a massive Springsteen and New Jersey Shore music fan. Came across TGA as first album was released and am envious of you guys 20 years younger than me as this is going to be one hell of a ride. First saw them in Birmingham UK (Carling Academy 2) and then recently at London Forum where I was definitely the oldest person in the front row! Am off to Hyde Park Sunday - ultimate line up for me with TGA and Bruce together and am desperately hoping they play the Light of Day in Asbury Park in November as will be there too! Anyway hi and best wishes to everyone - Ashley
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Hey Ashley, welcome to the board. don't worry, we have at least 4 other 40 year olds here. you're not alone. that's sick that you get to see Gaslight and Bruce. lots of us Americans are very jealous of you
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Lucky

Anyways, welcome
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Welcome to the site.

I dunno if you're the oldest, but there's a few codgers on here alright! Razz

What do you make of Keith Fahey??
Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:14 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
lots of us Americans are very jealous of you

I know a lot of British fans who can't make it are jealous of you too!

Welcome to the boards!
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks everyone it's good to be here - and yes Hyde Park was as good as expected - just gets better and better!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:53 pm

glad to have you here. Someone once referred to TGA as "inclusion rock" meaning that everyone seems to like it. So we really do have all ages of fans here.

As a seasoned Bruce fan, has he ever done anything like that before? Coming out to play with a band
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi "seasoned" is a pretty good word for me! Honest answer is that before this year he has never done festivals and doesn't have support bands so not really - I can recall reading that he has done the odd obscure one Patti Smith is one and December 2007 the night before playing the 02 in London he turned up at someone's gig and played (memory blank as to who she was!). Others joining him on stage is pretty common of course (Tom Morello, Jesse Malin - my own favourites).

Inclusion Rock is a new one to me! But they did themselves a massive favour appearing with Bruce at the two shows over the weekend as already my mates are saying that they now understand what I have been going on about for the last year or so - and thanks for the welcome.

e7c wrote:
glad to have you here. Someone once referred to TGA as "inclusion rock" meaning that everyone seems to like it. So we really do have all ages of fans here.

As a seasoned Bruce fan, has he ever done anything like that before? Coming out to play with a band
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:16 pm

hmm... we should come up with a project to do with the guys at the springsteen forum

...any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm

I have used Greasy Lake as the Springsteen Forum for years but it's gone down the pan a bit over the last 12 months or so. I suppose it depends on what you would aim to achieve? If it is general publicity that is nice and easy - I will have a look later and see what is on there about the weekend.

e7c wrote:
hmm... we should come up with a project to do with the guys at the springsteen forum

...any ideas?
Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:32 pm

english anthem wrote:
Hi "seasoned" is a pretty good word for me! Honest answer is that before this year he has never done festivals and doesn't have support bands so not really - I can recall reading that he has done the odd obscure one Patti Smith is one and December 2007 the night before playing the 02 in London he turned up at someone's gig and played (memory blank as to who she was!). Others joining him on stage is pretty common of course (Tom Morello, Jesse Malin - my own favourites).

Inclusion Rock is a new one to me! But they did themselves a massive favour appearing with Bruce at the two shows over the weekend as already my mates are saying that they now understand what I have been going on about for the last year or so - and thanks for the welcome.

e7c wrote:

IIRC, Bruce joined Lucinda Williams onstage a while back. I can't recall if it was in '06 or '07.

ETA: Hi and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 pm

That's the one - Lucinda Williams! - would never have remembered that. It was December 07 definitely.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: